• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 Discraft Ledgestone Insuance powered by GRIPeq

I'm kind of surprised to see all this love for Meggido. Don't get me wrong, it's a great course but I only found it enjoyable to play casually. In tournament it can be a nightmare. You can throw an almost perfect shot and kick off a fairway tree into a place where you have a tough scramble for bogey. Than your cardmate throws a shot that goes off the fairway early and doesn't hit a single tree.

Northwood and Wildlife are amazing. Meggido is too but it can wreck your score even if you are playing decent.

Just some educated guesses on the main problem areas at Megiddo and Wildlife. I only walked Wildlife once a few years ago when it was first used for Ledgestone, so it may have changed. My pool was supposed to play it but got moved to Sunset when Wildlife wasn't quite ready for everyone. I've played Megiddo multiple times, including a couple of months ago.

Megiddo:
#11 green, approach and leaving towards path to #12
#14 ... pretty much the whole thing
#1-4 all have their issues depending on where you end up, and #4 is especially treacherous if you get off the stairs on steep approach to green

Wildlife:
#6, steep downhill short par 3, with switchbacks
#7, sidehill?
#9, are there steps all the way up to green?
#16, which wasn't used for Ledgestone that year

You hit it on the head with Megiddo. 11 to 12 isn't as bad because that area drains well. 14 is the bigger concern. We probably need stairs going down that hill from the tee and need a small bridge there.

At Wildlife the biggest concerns are 6 and 16. I paid for stairs on hole 9 so I think that issue is good. I don't remember 7 being an issue at all.

Will Tuscarora be added to Ledgestone 2021? That course is a masterpiece and seems ideal for tournament play. I had an incredible time there when I visited last month.

I honestly have not played it but was told it's Westwood on steroids. It probably wouldn't get used for Ledgestone but potentially World's!

Not that I condone making fun of people with speech impediments or anything, but... can we ACTUALLY call it the "Ledgestone Insuance Open"?

Alright. I signed up for my first Ledgestone! How about some vets of the tournament or locals give some insight.

Good eats, good breweries, cool sights.
Where in the area would be best to stay for proximity to the courses?
Where is "tournament central"?
Any DGCR course insight?
Highlights or lowlights of previous events?
My wife is coming and usually brings here bike along. She like to find rails to trails type riding. Anyone know of some good opportunities for her to ride?
Best steakhouse?
Any live music (rock please) venues to look into?

Alright. I signed up for my first Ledgestone! How about some vets of the tournament or locals give some insight.

Any DGCR course insight?
My wife is coming and usually brings here bike along. She like to find rails to trails type riding. Anyone know of some good opportunities for her to ride?
Best steakhouse?

I haven't yet played in Ledgestone, but here is the little that I can offer:

Morton is a pretty good central location to all of the courses.

A lot of the extra events outside of the tournament usually happen at Sunset Hills in Pekin (about 20 min from Morton).

Busy Corners just outside of Eureka is decent diner food. Also, if you're a fan of pie, you'll be very happy there as they offer a ton of pie flavors

Any DGCR course insight?
Best steakhouse?

Both years I went (2015 & 2016) I had dinner at Alexander's Steakhouse and was not disappointed. If you like German food and beer, check out Peoria Hofbrau.

People might tell you Agatucci's Pizza is the bomb. That's a dirty lie. Other people might tell you Monical's Pizza is the bomb. It's all right.

Any DGCR course insight?
Best steakhouse?

I will give as much as I can. Here is a great link for things to do in the Peoria area:

https://lisopen.com/event/greater-peoria/

Wildlife Prairie Park has off road biking trails. In terms of trails in a city park, the city of Washington has a very extensive biking trail all throughout the city. It starts somewhere on North Cummings near the Sleep Inn hotel and it pretty much goes all the way to other side of town. It also goes through Washington Park, the location of a disc golf course we do not use for Ledgestone.

Tournament central locations: Ashland House/Radisson Hotel in Morton, Sunset Hills in Pekin and Lake Eureka.

Morton is the best location to stay, however, it does depend on what courses you are playing. Peoria has many good hotel options as well. We will be posting accommodation links with special rates soon at www.lisopen.com

Best steakhouse for the money: definitely Alexanders Steakhouse. Monicals Pizza is also solid. The Chanticleer in Eureka is my favorite place to eat in the entire area. They have great chicken and ribs, its really phenomenal and is only about 5 minutes from the courses at Eureka Park.

Here is our full event schedule:

https://lisopen.com/event/2020/default.aspx

Thursday night we will have a band playing at Sunset Hills!

I would recommend Timberline Campground in Goodfield. You can camp there and they have RV parking. A LOT of disc golfers camp there during Ledgestone.

OK so I'm signed up for the am side as my destination tournament this year. Do ams need to buy spectator badges to watch the pros? Also do we know when special rate hotels will be announced?

Possibly a dumb question, but the BX2 that comes as part of the player's pack should have the same full GRIPeq warranty that you would get just buying a BX2 normally, right?

And any more details on what makes the bag extra special? ;) I'm excited!

Edit: On second thought, I suppose there's a more pressing question. If Ledgestone ends up being canceled/postponed, will the player packs still be going out?

Last edited:
It will come with the same warranty. Ledgestone won't be cancelled! Players will get their player packs regardless :)

Too bad Jacky Chen didn't make it to Ledgestone this year, was he close to making the trip or was the pandemic too big of a hurdle to overcome?