• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Disc Goals

Flyguy46

Par Member
Premium Member
Happy New Year to all you "Beautiful F*ing People"! (Long Post Warning :wall:)

Thanks to many of you this has been a great year of disc golf for both my son and I. I have learned so much from you all and I greatly appreciate it. So for that, I am really glad to have found such a great group of people.

When I have asked a question I never expected some of my posts to take such a solid hold and to get so many additional conversations started. I have found that everyone answers honestly and with diplomacy which I greatly appreciate.

2021 was a crappy year for me as it seemed to be for many of you as well. But, thank God we have disc golf to make up for the general feeling of being in a really bad episode of "The Poop Show!"

I have a few goals for 2022 that I thought I would share with you all.

1. Keep having fun and not stress every time I play! I want to play for fun, not rankings.
2. Keep getting rounds in with my son! He is still super stoked to play every chance we get.
3. Learn to build a better throwing form! (both backhand and forehand)
4. Meet more cool people on the course to shoot a round or three with!
5. Travel and experience lots of new courses.
6. Get better at the courses I already play.
7. Control my disc buying addiction! (Yeah right!)

And one question:

What are your disc golf goals for 2022?

1. Stay healthy
2. Shoot par on the layouts I play at my 2 most frequently played 18 hole courses.
3. 350 foot golf shots
4. Get my first ace.
5. Play new courses.

I'm still undecided if I want to play tournaments.

1. Stay healthy (nothing else matters without this)
2. Have fun
3. Keep playing at a solid level (I'll be 58 in May so I accept that there will be some degradation)
4. Play 10 new courses in 3 new states
5. Attend 2 pro tournaments

Sell off / donate most of my discs. Some boxes have not been opened in years now. All putters stay for games.
Start being sociable and play in with unknowns found on course. That used to be a fun thing that slipped away.
Go throw with the 'wife' and her bestie sometimes.
Offer guests to play catch more.

I've decided to stop playing tournaments. They are expensive, slow, the weather is always awful and I just don't find myself enjoying them. I'm much happier walking around the corner to my local course at 7am (or whenever I feel like it) and just playing by myself or with my wife.

I'll play the odd social day with my club, but no more tournaments for me.

1. Play in at least one new state
2. Get my fifth ace
3. Shoot a 980 rated round and improve my overall rating
4. Break my personal record at two of my local courses

1) actually get out and play this year.stopped playing around the start of covid and avoided the influx on courses.
2) take my two oldest boys (3 and 5) out to play.
3) continue to sell off my collection and make a nice profit to an inflated market. Old discs have single handedly funded my new hobby, road cycling and MTN biking, and let to greater physical health. Thank you old discs and people with disposable income!

1. Continue working on the form. Spent most of this past year on the one-step, currently on the x-step fairway drivers on the practice field. The goal is to be at the 4-step by the fall.
2. Bagged my first ace this past year, goal is to double it this coming year. I've hit enough barrels to do it.
3. Made my goal last year of playing some outstanding courses Hawk Hollow, Loriella Park, Lake Marshall, and stumbled on Cannon Ridge. Except I was shutout from Blockhouse, keep bugging them until I get on. The course is private, and there still applying Covid rules.
4. My goal last year was to bag 20 courses, but I got the bug and finished the year today with 2 more for a total of 71 courses. I'm going to flip it around back to 20 courses and play more locally. I played just half the rounds this past year compared to 2020 from all the driving.
5. Play my 100th course by the end of January, I'm only 8 courses away. I've decided on Walnut Creek Park outside of Charlottesville Virginia it seems to have a variety of what I like to play on a course. There's a handful of courses I really want to play, then keep it close to home.
6. Replace the Star Mamba there becoming to flippy. Could be the Star Wraith I've been throwing it well, also the Boatsman and the Hades I've liked, just need more field time with them or perhaps something else out there.
7. Keep having fun!

I am trying to keep it simple, but I have a few;

Raise my rating 20 points, up 23 in 2021 and I think knits doable.
Shoot at least 1 1000 rated round. Best was 986 in 2021.
Get a win in MA1 or open I had 5 2nd places last year.
Help design or at least install a course. I've done two temps now and would love to help plant a permanent course.
Enjoy playing. Breathe the fresh air, watch the animals, live a little.

1) Play more rounds

2) Bag at least one new state (MA or RI possibly)

3) Hit course #100 (I'm firmly lodged at 94)

4) Get back to a point where I can do a run-up again without worrying about my sciatica.

Continue mentoring my son, who gained 104 ratings points in 5 months last summer, and is now beating lots of grown men at the age of 12, including yours truly.

Keep my rating above 900, which never has been below that going back to 1998. I will officially not care about it at all in 2023 when I turn 50 and join Am Grandmasters. This is the last year of sort-of caring!

Could be installing a 9-holer at my son's school too. I will be contacting them on Monday when vacation is over to talk about 9 old baskets that are going to be available for donation soon! These baskets have had worlds played on them...

Play course 700. Should be pretty easy to accomplish with a few road trips.

Get up to 300 played in WI, this one will be trickier since they're so scattered around now. Should be doable though.

Bring up my level of fitness to be able to play well.

Get drive up to 350'

Play an actual round!

I use to play in the 90's (started fall of 1991)and just recently took up back up the sport in Oct 21. Amazing how the sport has changed! Played a couple of holes and just really sucked. Doing mostly field work the past several months to get my drive back up to where I would like it to be and doing some putting practice.

Latest posts