• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Reviewer of the Year

Thanks Olorin!

Hoping to punch a few more local ones here over the summer and then try to get a good road trip in, if I decide to drive to PA this year I can hit a few on the way up and the way back, we'll see though.

Top 25 reviewers of 2023 – Mid July update.
Ties are listed in order by 2022 review totals.

1. wolfhaley - 74 reviews
2. sillybizz – 56 reviews
2. rodneytravis - 56 reviews
4. HyooMac - 48 reviews
5. aclay - 39 reviews
6. DFrah - 35 reviews
6. EspresssoPatronum - 35 reviews
8. wellsbranch250 - 29 reviews
8. Cerealman - 29 reviews
10. discgolfcraig - 26 reviews
11. Knobby325 - 25 reviews
12. Surge5 - 23 reviews
13. DiscinOhio - 19 reviews
14. Moose33 - 17 reviews
15. Ryal - 16 reviews
15. adlacro - 16 reviews
15. Mike C - 16 reviews
18. kp_1024 - 14 reviews
18. Nate32 - 14 reviews
20. LLmanu10 - 13 reviews
20. The Red Death - 13
22. bobmcnelly - 11 reviews
23. Pmay5 - 10 reviews
23. ivanhenson - 10 reviews
23. Upsawt1979 - 10 reviews
23. lukedpt - 10 reviews
23. mndiscg - 10 reviews
23. Pierparknut - 10 reviews

Dropped from rankings (9 reviews): Switters213, jasonc

Dropped from rankings (8 reviews): bennybennybenny, magictenor, Thrembo, DumfriesLizzie, Baysinger, Crooow

Wolfhaley continues his reign as top dog… which means I'm quickly running out of puns to use here. Don't laugh too hard as Sillybizz and rodneytravis both continued their rise, but they are far from sniffing the leader's tail. Hyoomac and aclay continue their steady pace and round out the top 5. Welcome back to the top 25 to bobmcnelly, mndiscg and kp_1024. Also, Congrats to The Red Death with a first-time appearance on the Top 25 list. Interesting note, the top twenty-one reviewers have reviewed more total courses this year, than they did in 2022. 613 in 2023 compared to 584 in 2022.

Top 25 reviewers of 2023 – Mid July update.
Ties are listed in order by 2022 review totals.

1. wolfhaley - 74 reviews
2. sillybizz – 56 reviews
2. rodneytravis - 56 reviews
4. HyooMac - 48 reviews
5. aclay - 39 reviews
6. DFrah - 35 reviews
6. EspresssoPatronum - 35 reviews
8. wellsbranch250 - 29 reviews
8. Cerealman - 29 reviews
10. discgolfcraig - 26 reviews
11. Knobby325 - 25 reviews
12. Surge5 - 23 reviews
13. DiscinOhio - 19 reviews
14. Moose33 - 17 reviews
15. Ryal - 16 reviews
15. adlacro - 16 reviews
15. Mike C - 16 reviews
18. kp_1024 - 14 reviews
18. Nate32 - 14 reviews
20. LLmanu10 - 13 reviews
20. The Red Death - 13
22. bobmcnelly - 11 reviews
23. Pmay5 - 10 reviews
23. ivanhenson - 10 reviews
23. Upsawt1979 - 10 reviews
23. lukedpt - 10 reviews
23. mndiscg - 10 reviews
23. Pierparknut - 10 reviews

Dropped from rankings (9 reviews): Switters213, jasonc

Dropped from rankings (8 reviews): bennybennybenny, magictenor, Thrembo, DumfriesLizzie, Baysinger, Crooow

Wolfhaley continues his reign as top dog… which means I'm quickly running out of puns to use here. Don't laugh too hard as Sillybizz and rodneytravis both continued their rise, but they are far from sniffing the leader's tail. Hyoomac and aclay continue their steady pace and round out the top 5. Welcome back to the top 25 to bobmcnelly, mndiscg and kp_1024. Also, Congrats to The Red Death with a first-time appearance on the Top 25 list. Interesting note, the top twenty-one reviewers have reviewed more total courses this year, than they did in 2022. 613 in 2023 compared to 584 in 2022.

We're on pace for one of the strongest review years in a long time. Let's hope it continues.

My first reviewed course of the year was Caliber (#2 on DGCR) and I had a chance to go bag 15-20 courses around Spokane with my buddy (cefire) but after Caliber then bagging some others I was too sore to continue the next day. I'd have actually had a chance to catch Wolf, really regretting that decision now. At that time I hadn't played since last summer and that broke a mostly 5 year hiatus from disc golf. I'm still gonna try! I'm getting many more than I thought I was going to get this year. :)

I'll be able to get another one on Sunday. In a couple weeks I'll be in Iowa City, Davenport and Dubuque. That should get me pretty close to 100 hopefully.I left a lot of them on the table when I went down to Charlotte. 🤦

We should meet at Caliber then go get all those Spokane courses. :D

I'll be able to get another one on Sunday. In a couple weeks I'll be in Iowa City, Davenport and Dubuque. That should get me pretty close to 100 hopefully.I left a lot of them on the table when I went down to Charlotte. ��

Talking about another road trip to get to 100 reviews when he has yet to review the gem that is T.R. Hughes that he played last month. Your review list for 2023 needs a 0.5/5, right?

Last edited:
Interesting note, the top twenty-one reviewers have reviewed more total courses this year, than they did in 2022. 613 in 2023 compared to 584 in 2022.

Do you mean all of 2022? As in not only are we ahead of 2022 pace, but we are going twice as fast? :eek:

I intend to continue my "slow and steady" pace. We'll see where it gets me. I'd be surprised if I even got to 74 though.

Love to see all the review action!! :popcorn:

I may not making it near the top of this list but I'm determined to stay on it!

Wolfey has reviewed as many courses as I have played rounds this year, that's incredible.

Do you mean all of 2022? As in not only are we ahead of 2022 pace, but we are going twice as fast? :eek:

I intend to continue my "slow and steady" pace. We'll see where it gets me. I'd be surprised if I even got to 74 though.

Love to see all the review action!! :popcorn:

wolfhaley - sillybizz - rodneytravis - HyooMac - aclay - DFrah - EspresssoPatronum - wellsbranch250 - Cerealman - discgolfcraig - Knobby325 - Surge5 - DiscinOhio - Moose33 - Ryal - adlacro - Mike C - kp_1024 - Nate32 - LLmanu10 - The Red Death -
= 613 (now 615) reviews in 2023

wolfhaley - sillybizz - rodneytravis - HyooMac - aclay - DFrah - EspresssoPatronum - wellsbranch250 - Cerealman - discgolfcraig - Knobby325 - Surge5 - DiscinOhio - Moose33 - Ryal - adlacro - Mike C - kp_1024 - Nate32 - LLmanu10 - The Red Death -
= 584 reviews in all of 2022

If our current top five kept their current average pace since January 1st, we'd be looking at the following final numbers for 2023:

wolfhaley - 140
sillybizz - 107
rodneytravis33 - 105
HyooMac - 92
aclay - 73

We still have almost half the year to go, but we haven't had two reviewers top the century mark in a single year since 2019, and have only ever had three in a single year in 2009 when Dave242, harr1410, and mashnut all did it, though other years came close. We have never had four century marks in a single year. No pressure folks, but it would be cool to see.

I'm trying to add a line graph but am dumb. if I figure my life out I'll include it here.

Last edited:
oh wow, I'm getting close to actually getting here. Lets hope I can bag some courses here.

If our current top five kept their current average pace since January 1st, we'd be looking at the following final numbers for 2023:

wolfhaley - 140
sillybizz - 107
rodneytravis33 - 105
HyooMac - 92
aclay - 73

My first review of the year wasn't until May 19th! I just had 2 more reviews today which brings me to 58 reviews in less than 55 days if I'm doing my math right! No way I can continue that but a pretty blistering pace anyway especially considering I have every course within 2 hours of me done. :D

wolfhaley - 140
sillybizz - 107
rodneytravis33 - 105
HyooMac - 92
aclay - 73

We still have almost half the year to go, but we haven't had two reviewers top the century mark in a single year since 2019, and have only ever had three in a single year in 2009 when Dave242, harr1410, and mashnut all did it, though other years came close. We have never had four century marks in a single year. No pressure folks, but it would be cool to see.

I'm trying to add a line graph but am dumb. if I figure my life out I'll include it here.

I am a teacher, so my free time is quickly coming to an end; keeping up my current pace will be difficult, but I am going to try.

I just got back from road tripping 22 hours one way to Flagstaff for Masters Worlds and we hit courses in every state as we travelled. Took a few days off from reviewing to focus on Worlds and enjoy the trip but I should be back on pace soon with roughly 15-20 new courses to review from that trip alone. I'll try and push to triple digits for the people, if that's what the people want. But I prefer quality over quantity. Getting both is just icing on the cake.

Awesome stuff Rodney. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Side note.
I was concerned that the website update would make compiling and keeping track of the review progress more difficult, or even impossible. And it sort of was, the first days after the switch. However, i have the totals updated again. The process actually got easier to keep track as the review list by date order stays up longer, or perhaps forever.