• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Reviewer of the Year

Honest question. Why sit on reviews for so long? If they're written already just post them. The point of reviews is to help others decide on which courses to play. Why hold out? Wellsbranch does this too. What am I missing here? It's certainly not thumbs up for any of us. Legit curious.
For me it used to be greater chances of getting a unique by spreading them out.

Now I'm caught up on all my reviews except the one I played today so...

I feel like the southerners are going to make a Nov/Dec run on us northern Midwesterners. Me, wolfhaley, DFrah… we have targets on our backs.

Well ok, maybe not Wolfy. His throne seems pretty secure.

Yeah, we got our first little bit of snow on Tuesday. It's all gone now but it's that time of year for us up here. I may be able to sneak a few more in but it'll take a bit of a drive to do so. I've already played and reviewed pretty much everything within an hour.

I'm aiming for 100 next year which will require much further driving and perhaps going East into new states. Congrats to Wolf, he's the man! I hope to play with Wolf again next year, that would be awesome. If anyone is gonna be near the Rockies, HMU.

It's only a little 20 hour drive or so east to WI. If you don't stop at all or anything... :)

It'd be awesome to meet up again though. I'm already planning some stuff out for next year. Plus I hurt my wrist raking leaves on Monday so It'll be a little bit before I actually get out to play again. How do you hurt yourself raking leaves?

fall bae GIF

This is how everyone else does it right?

Yeah, we got our first little bit of snow on Tuesday. It's all gone now but it's that time of year for us up here. I may be able to sneak a few more in but it'll take a bit of a drive to do so. I've already played and reviewed pretty much everything within an hour.

It's only a little 20 hour drive or so east to WI. If you don't stop at all or anything... :)

It'd be awesome to meet up again though. I'm already planning some stuff out for next year. Plus I hurt my wrist raking leaves on Monday so It'll be a little bit before I actually get out to play again. How do you hurt yourself raking leaves?

fall bae GIF

This is how everyone else does it right?

I want to get to Minneapolis this next year, that can't be too far from you, 3-4 hours maybe?

Hope your wrist starts feeling better!

New look to Wolf's yard:

a4SNmNJ.jpeg

I want to get to Minneapolis this next year, that can't be too far from you, 3-4 hours maybe?

Hope your wrist starts feeling better!

The wrist is feeling a little better right now. Iced it up a bunch today. It'll be fine. I rake leaves like I bag courses and write reviews.

ask ham GIF

If you end up heading to Minny, Let me know ASAP. It's 3 hours from me. We'll wrangle up playrecords and make a whole thing out of it. I'll make elmex make an appearance too.

@wolfhaley we got some snow here in Chicago on Tuesday as well. A few hard gusts for minutes at a time but enough for accumulation. Lots of complainers, but I love snow on Halloween, and the kids love it too.

The wrist is feeling a little better right now. Iced it up a bunch today. It'll be fine. I rake leaves like I bag courses and write reviews.

ask ham GIF

If you end up heading to Minny, Let me know ASAP. It's 3 hours from me. We'll wrangle up playrecords and make a whole thing out of it. I'll make elmex make an appearance too.
Oh I'm in. @sillybizz let @wolfhaley know what dates you are thinking and he will work up a wicked itinerary (and I will chime in)... If you spend more than a couple / few days here I would add some courses 1.5 to 2.5 hours north of town (like Chains Edge and Tjader Acres and Breezy Point). I'm sure @elmexdela has some recommendations as well. Will be fun times.

btw we dislike the term Minny probably as much as the cheeseheads dislike the term Sconny 😉

Last edited:
Oh I'm in. @sillybizz let @wolfhaley know what dates you are thinking and he will work up a wicked itinerary (and I will chime in)... If you spend more than a couple / few days here I would add some courses 1.5 to 2.5 hours north of town (like Chains Edge and Tjader Acres and Breezy Point). I'm sure @elmexdela has some recommendations as well. Will be fun times.

I'm thinking July or August next year. You guys tell me what to play and we'll go and play em! :)

I haven't played Breezy point yet, but Chains Edge and Tjader acres are both awesome. Plus that'd give me an excuse to knock out some of that crap by Brainerd 😂

I haven't played Breezy point yet, but Chains Edge and Tjader acres are both awesome. Plus that'd give me an excuse to knock out some of that crap by Brainerd 😂
Whoh easy on the crap talk lol. The courses might just be a bunch on 9'ers but some of them are solid. If I was a better committed reviewer I might convince you... (note to self: need to do better)😉

Last edited:
Whoh easy on the crap talk lol. The courses might just be a bunch on 9'ers but some of them are solid. If I was a better committed reviewer I might convince you... (note to self: need to do better)😉

Hey now, elmex told me about Brainerd's crap courses. Not in all lower case lettered reviews, all lower case lettered texts, but still. :ROFLMAO:

I wish I was were he is right about now though.

surfing hawaii GIF

We really fucked this thread up lately lol...

Oh well, two months left anyway.

Top 25 reviewers of 2023. 49 days left in the year.

1. wolfhaley - 149 reviews
2. Pastorofmuppets - 104 reviews
3. sillybizz – 100 reviews
4. Johnsondere - 83 reviews
5. HyooMac - 75 reviews
6. EspresssoPatronum - 74 reviews
7. DFrah - 69 reviews
8. aclay - 59 reviews
9. Pizza God - 58 reviews
10. wellsbranch250 - 52 reviews
11. Moose33 - 46 reviews
12. discgolfcraig - 42 reviews
13. Surge5 - 39 reviews
13. Cerealman - 39 reviews
15. Knobby325 - 33 reviews
16. dndelli - 31 reviews
17. Ryal - 29 reviews
17. Pevio - 29 reviews
19. mndiscg - 26 reviews
20. Shadrach - 22 reviews
20. DiscinOhio - 22 reviews
20. adlacro - 22 reviews
20. The Red Death - 22 reviews
24. ivanhenson - 21 reviews
24. Mike C - 21 reviews

1699792698904.png

Last edited:
Gimme some dates and I'm on it. We may be able to do a DGCR meetup around that time. @BuiltTooLong , @Countchunkula, @notapro, @jakebake91.

Just throwing ideas out, but might as well start somewhere...
100% down

sorry i am gettin back to it after the long vacation

breezy point both courses are legit but no supporting cast

that area is well known by the mountain bikers and hit up cuyuna

100% down

sorry i am gettin back to it after the long vacation

breezy point both courses are legit but no supporting cast

that area is well known by the mountain bikers and hit up cuyuna

Welcome back buddy. Or Aloha or whatever...

I'll do a different thread for this at some point. It'll be somewhere safe though.

Marine Life Beach GIF by Oceana

With the pair of reviews ivanhenson just posted, our current top 25 reviewers in 2023 broke a tie with 2012 to become the 3rd largest year for our top reviewers by total count, only trailing the insane years of '09 and '10.

1. '09 - 1,646
2. '10 - 1,431
3. '23 - 1,289 ***
4. '12 - 1,287
5. '11 - 1,273
6. '14 - 1,245
7. '21 - 1,186
8. '18 - 1,171
9. '20 - 1,167
10. '08 - 1,157
11. '13 - 1,139
12. '16 - 1,059
13. '17 - 1,040
14. '15 - 983
15. '22 - 977
16. '19 - 963

I have been slacking lately - I still have 12 reviews to write. I hope to get at least some of those posted by year's end.

Latest posts