• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 US Distance Championships

To update everyone else, talked to Chris and it doesn't sound promising. :cry:
If Dr. Kwon's study doesn't see the light of day I hope we get more public access wireframes & data timeseries (unless there was something more fundamentally wrong with the experiments or data).

If Dr. Kwon's study doesn't see the light of day I hope we get more public access wireframes & data timeseries (unless there was something more fundamentally wrong with the experiments or data).
Two things I'd like to see:
Dr Kwon respond to the disc golf motion captures with analysis - do the force vectors compare with the golf swing ones? Are we right about the fundamental similarities?

Second, drone overhead slo-mo video, but not directly vertical. I want it pointed at the spine angle or however you can best be perpendicular to the swing plane at release. (from descriptive geometry principles, to see "true size") Well, we need vertical too, to see motion relative to ground, but what we control is motion relative to player.

He said Dr. Kwon has all the data, but it needs to have the 3D disc data added to the software and then formulated which is going to cost $$.

Two things I'd like to see:
Dr Kwon respond to the disc golf motion captures with analysis - do the force vectors compare with the golf swing ones? Are we right about the fundamental similarities?

Second, drone overhead slo-mo video, but not directly vertical. I want it pointed at the spine angle or however you can best be perpendicular to the swing plane at release. (from descriptive geometry principles, to see "true size") Well, we need vertical too, to see motion relative to ground, but what we control is motion relative to player.
Chris said he has drone footage from the distance contests.

Here's a side view of a vertical spike hyzer, so it's basically a drone shot from the top of a bent over spine. He throws another spike hyzer before this one you can see the behind view.

Chris said he has drone footage from the distance contests.

Here's a side view of a vertical spike hyzer, so it's basically a drone shot from the top of a bent over spine. He throws another spike hyzer before this one you can see the behind view.

Thanks, awesome footage.
I went frame by frame. The elbow never straightens, maybe even bends a little more right at the hit.

Just out of curiosity- @sidewinder22 - have you seen Tom throw left handed and does his form differ much from one hand to the other?

I have seen him throw lefthand a number of different times. He explain it to me as simple imagining swing a bat righthanded. It differs a bit, but it depends on how sore his right shoulder is at the time and how much practice he's gotten in. But I have also played double with him and taken 3 or 4 holes to notice he throwing with the wrong hand, he form is much smoother with his left than many with his natural hand.

I have seen him throw lefthand a number of different times. He explain it to me as simple imagining swing a bat righthanded. It differs a bit, but it depends on how sore his right shoulder is at the time and how much practice he's gotten in. But I have also played double with him and taken 3 or 4 holes to notice he throwing with the wrong hand, he form is much smoother with his left than many with his natural hand.
Yeah- I have played a lot of golf with him through the years and my impression has always been that the form was smoother lefty. Makes some sense- learning to throw off hand you already know the stuff to avoid. His Mom's kimchi is soooo good.

Just out of curiosity- @sidewinder22 - have you seen Tom throw left handed and does his form differ much from one hand to the other?
He seems to throw 50/50 lefty righty like my FH BH. His righty is a little better. He learned lefty when he broke his hand/wrist. Never seen him throw FH.

Latest posts