• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2nd Annual Okthrowberfest DGCR Dyers' Contest

skinner21

* Ace Member *
Well, it's getting to be that time of year again guys. We had 6 guys take part last year, including yours truly, but I feel like there are a lot more dyers on the site than a year ago. Last year was a ton of fun, so let's do it again!

Also, I was thinking of doing it a little bit differently this year. If you would like to participate, PM me a picture of your dyed disc by October 24, and I will put up a poll that will close at Midnight on Halloween.

Dyes should be your original interpretation of "Okthrowberfest" which may involve the Fall season, Oktoberfest, and/or Halloween, but you are not limited to these ideas. For alot of us, this is the best time of year for disc golf, so let's see what you've got!

Last year, a few of us sold our discs using Ebay Giving Works in support of EDGE. You may choose to donate anywhere between 10-100% of your sale to EDGE and help the greater disc golf community! This in not required but it is HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

Anyone can participate (I plan on participating too!) and everyone can judge! Beginning on October 25th, DGCRs will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite dye! Participants may enter up to 2 dyes.

Also, this year I will be dyeing an additional "Prize Disc" that I will be mailing out to the winner. I haven't quite decided what it will be, just know that I will personally make sure the winner gets a prize this year. This is a "grass roots" kind of thing that I would like to see get bigger this year. If anyone wants to volunteer to do a 2nd place disc or do something to contribute to the winner, I'm down with that too.

If you would like to see last years dyes, you can do so here.

So let's see what you've got!

I forgot to tell you guys, by posting that you will take part in this, I now legally own your souls until you send in your dyes. So if you back out... well... let's just say it would be best to avoid that situation.

Ok I'm in and willing to put up some funds and support , but some changes would need to be made before I'm willing to turn my cutter…
1. Offer $$$ for prizes
2. three categories …hand cut…plotter…other
3. use judges for 3/5 of the overall vote and disc golfers for the 2/5

Ok I'm in and willing to put up some funds and support , but some changes would need to be made before I'm willing to turn my cutter…
1. Offer $$$ for prizes
2. three categories …hand cut…plotter…other
3. use judges for 3/5 of the overall vote and disc golfers for the 2/5

^this

i think i'm the only one left who hand cuts

Sorry if I'm ranting just thought that maybe we could make it better then last year. It seamed like it was a easy fix.

yeah just cause he's the man. i didn't know i had to do a halloween type dye for this contest...last year the winner was a bunch of circles...

i didn't know i had to do a halloween type dye for this contest...last year the winner was a bunch of circles...

That's not true, did you click the link in the first post? The dyes all followed the theme, and were excellent.

i do, but they wont be near as good as yours

Ahhhh, we don't know that. But what we do know is that everyone likes to be judge against there peers. Plus if we add moor categories we should attract moor artist . The airbrush , sharpie , hot stamp, and nose drool guys are left out here.

they don't have to be halloween. The dye I'm planning isn't. it's really a FALL theme. So since it's a fall election, a Basil dye is accepable.

^this

i think i'm the only one left who hand cuts

Your not the only one and depending on how my first dye goes with vinyl you may have some competition in that category if they make it. Of course I may not be that much competition considering the experience you have lol.

Latest posts