• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3 Skill Shots: Good deal?

Is this a good deal?

• Total voters
Not sure how much those are selling for now, but I wouldn't pay more than $60 apiece for those. Just going off of quality and how long they will hold up. My opinion.

Personally I wouldn't have any use for more than one, but if you need multiple baskets you're not going to find a better deal than that

I would rather own a single discatcher sport than 3 skillshots. 3 crappy things != 1 good thing...

i love the skill shot personally. very consistent catcher and it doesnt reward putts that catch the outter edge of the chains. so its great for practice and carrying around. id rather own 3 skillshots then 1 single chained turd of a discatcher. that way i could have 3 holes set-up and not have to do alot of extra walking for practice.

Not sure how much those are selling for now, but I wouldn't pay more than $60 apiece for those. Just going off of quality and how long they will hold up. My opinion.

ive had mine 2+yrs with near daily use and it looks almost brand new. my buddy has 2 baskets (1 he bought new and one bought used) the new one he got 4-5yrs ago and gets a good amount of use and its perfect, the used one need some repair since the person he bought it from trashed it but its been solid for the last 3 yrs.
quality all depends on the person that takes care of it. the better you take care of it the longer it lasts.

Last edited:
I have a Skill Shot that I got for $60 off craig's. Not perfect, but serviceable. For the price, I'd snatch that deal in a second.

Pretty good deal for a quality basket, whatever anyone else says. Catches just as well as a Mach Lite, and the angled top reduces your chances of taking off that little flag - I bagged myself 3 Mach Lite flags at the last Ace Race :p

I just much prefer having a larger basket that is made better and is more true to what you will play on the course. The top of the "pan" on the skill shot is too low. I've had my skill shot for a couple of years and it's been taken care of and kept indoors. It has several tears where the metal is sticking through the canvas...so not the best quality in my opinion. It may depend on how often you fold it up and set it back up, but that IS what it is made to do.
I have a Discatcher Sport that I've added extra chains too. I would not trade it for 3 skill shots...that's for sure...and I think it was like $110 plus $30 extra to add chains.

Cool, I think I'm going to grab 'em. My gf's roommate's dad bought her one that I use about 10x more than her and she won't sell it to me for $80. Wench. I really like Skill Shots because they bounce out all of the rim and "chastity belt" shots.

I really like the way mine catches but the fabric they make it out of does not hold up well at all.

I just much prefer having a larger basket that is made better and is more true to what you will play on the course. The top of the "pan" on the skill shot is too low.

true to what you putt on? if its got chains thats all that matters. rest of the basket doesnt even exist. and the skillshot has a much smaller sweet spot then 'true' baskets. and the skillshots sweet spot is in the center of a standard course baskets.

I really like the way mine catches but the fabric they make it out of does not hold up well at all.

did you leave it outside alot? ive only seen that on the ones that had prolonged weather exposure.

Latest posts