• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

34th Annual Virginia States Frisbee Tournament (Non-PDGA)

I'll be there. If you're there, try to find me... I'll be the guy throwing a Frisbee.
DSCJNKY

What an awesome tournament it was. If you've never been to the VA States and you play Frisbee as well as disc golf... you HAVE to go. The best Frisbee players in the world are there. There were something like 14 former World Champions in freestyle. A former World Champ in DG (Hos). And, I don't know how many world champion DDC and MTA throwers were there??? Too many.

Overall... I did OK. I stunk it up on the Golf course a little bit, but I earned points (still don't know where I placed... Top 20ish).
I scored points in accuracy by making the cut (still don't know where I placed).

I missed the cut in distance by 15 yards with a throw of 114 yards.

I didn't catch any MTA's. It was too windy. Only one person in my flight caught one MTA (1/29). The wind was swirling and completely unpredictable.

And... sadly, I missed the cut in Freestyle (which I knew was going to happen with so many former World Champions in the house). However, my partner and I did our routine and had the crowd as pumped as they were for any of the other teams. One of the judges ranked us 5th, but we finished 7th in our bracket (7/9).

I still don't know what place I finished up in the Overall... I was too busy jamming on the freestyle field after the tourney was over to care... but, I should know soon.

And a major congratulations go out to a friend from Southern California, Chris Horn, for taking the overall title. A MAJOR Frisbee career milestone. And, to his dad, Mark, for taking 7th overall.

DSCJNKY

I did an all lids Va. States again. I finished with 39 points due to MTA (10.84 seconds) and accuracy (9 + 11)

I could have made the golf cut, but the wind was something fierce, and I had trouble even trying to lay up. My golf foursome consisted of 3 different people named Brian, but all of our initials were B.S. ...go figure the odds of that.

I threw 89 yards for distance...well below the cut.

The mini tourney on Friday went well, and there were some new people in the cash for a change. Ken Reynolds (a house guest for the weekend) won the Pro division. Tobin (last name ???) won the Am division. I sent Tobin's cash home with Dale Crawford.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 9
Mini

Bryan,

I did not hear about the mini tournament until it was too late...It does my heart good to see the gang in teh 'living' room getting ready to play "Bryans Big Country Course"...

Scott:hfive:

Bryan,

I did not hear about the mini tournament until it was too late...It does my heart good to see the gang in teh 'living' room getting ready to play "Bryans Big Country Course"...

Scott:hfive:

No, that was halftime. A few were missing, as the menu didn't include every possible diet.

I got the course set up in time so that I actually got in a practice round. FUNNY but TRUE....as Ken Reynolds, Brandon Kilby, and I were walking to the (short) hole #3, I said "If you are going to get a mini ace...this is the hole" We got to the tee, and I notice a butt laying on the ground. I picked it up to walk it to the "butt can" as Ken threw. Yup, he had the second ace ever... and I missed it. Walking to retrieve his disc he said "great now I've used up all my luck" ...no he won the tourney!

Anyone know if there is a link to the overall tournament results?
Thanks,
DSCJNKY

There won't be. Some years, Eric compiles results & mails out to competitors in early summer; some years not & you'd have to check final results at the canteen next year.