• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 year old now hooked

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
My 4 year old niece and her family came over tonight. She noticed the basket on the porch, so I gave her a disc to play with. She loves it. I told her she could have the disc, since its a putter I don't throw, and I showed her some disc golf videos on YouTube. She is now hooked. I think its cool.

Kids rock!
future+DG%27er_02.jpg

I played with my buddy's 4 yr old last week and she amazed me. Drives a roller about 80' forehand and can hit metal 30' out. The kicker was that she even carried her own bag with like five discs.

I played with my buddy's 4 yr old last week and she amazed me. Drives a roller about 80' forehand and can hit metal 30' out. The kicker was that she even carried her own bag with like five discs.

Have you started calling her Tiger yet?

I am amazed at how well young kids can sometimes play. My buddy's 7 year old bro can accurately throw his shark 75 - 100 ft and his putting is great. I cant wait to see how he plays when he gets older and has more power. He'll probably own me. :p

My eight year old is interested and has started putting with me in the backyard. I'm getting her a few disc and a small bag for Christmas.

I am amazed at how well young kids can sometimes play. My buddy's 7 year old bro can accurately throw his shark 75 - 100 ft and his putting is great. I cant wait to see how he plays when he gets older and has more power. He'll probably own me. :p

You're telling me!

My sister lives in Brazil with her two kids. They came up to Michigan this fall and I took my 8 year old nephew out to the football field to throw some discs to see if he liked it. HE LOVED IT! His dad and I bought him a portable basket and a bunch of discs to play on the beach in Brazil as they don't have one single disc golf course down there.

Took both his father, who had never played, and him to Flip City for their first time ever playing real disc golf. This kid is going to be a super star disc golfer. Within a few holes he was s-curving a Valkyrie 120-180 feet with a natural xstep! Boggles my mind.

Here he is at tee 11 of Flip(rock sculpture hole). He insisted on throwing one of my overstable discs off the tee. He still was able to chuck it 140 feet. insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZRL8kZjD4

KIDS!!

My four year old son plays with me all the time. (He even yells when he has a bad drive.) He even has his own Leopard but he calls it a Leopard Lion, and I'm getting my 9 mo. old daughter a mini for Christmas.

I have gotten my 5 year old brother a small bag and a few discs. He has a 150 champ valkyrie, 150 leopard, 150 z storm, and 100 polecat. I don't take him out to the course very much but he'll throw at my practice basket in the park behind my house. He's already got every shot in the books down just from watching me. :)

My daughter is 11 and is ambidextrous. She sees a place for trouble puts her back to it and throws backhand to avoid it. It makes me crazy to think what will happen if she stays with it and starts throwing further than 110 feet.

Latest posts