• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4th Annual Hawk Hollow Meet

To get an invitiation complete the poll

• Total voters

jrawk

* Ace Member *
The 4th Annual Hawk Hollow Meet
October 4, 5, & 6 of the year 2013

Hawk Hollow – Spotsylvania, VA

Event Organizers: Jrawk, Prerube, Biscoe

Everybody is welcome to attend with a guest or two. Like we've done the past 3 years, this is a private course on a private farm so invitations will be sent out on a per-request basis. This event is very laid back and relaxed for disc golf enthusiasts of all skill levels to enjoy a weekend of golf at one of the country's best courses. To get an idea of where the course is located, search google maps for Lake Anna State Park near Mineral, VA.

Marking the poll:
1) To receive an invitation, please put a check in the "Please invite me" poll option. It's your choice to stay the entire weekend or come for one or two days. The official invitations will be sent sometime in September.

2) Secondly check the box for "Camping on-site" if you are planning on camping at the farm (note: there is limitted running water and no electricity). This is hugely important to know in advance so we can plan accordingly. Send me a message for other camping or hotel options in the area.

3) Third, please check the box for the day you plan on arriving (Friday/Saturday/Sunday)

4) Fourth, please check the box if you plan on playing Tiki/Glow Friday night at the Blockhouse.

*Scratch Event Schedule* subject to change
Friday Afternoon: Set-up, pickup rounds.
Friday Night: exodus to the Blockhouse for Tiki/Glow @ 8:30pm.
Saturday Morning: Singles round
Saturday Afternoon: Best shot doubles round (partners chosen by singles round scores)
Saturday Night: kumbayah's round the camp fire.
Sunday Morning: Random doubles round
Sunday Afternoon: Pickup rounds and cleanup.

The minimum required donation is $10 per player for the entire weekend, and one prize pool donation. The $10 will be used to cover the outhouse rental fee and the cost of fuel Biscoe's tractor uses to prep the course. Please, if $10 is too much for two nights of camping onsite at one of the country's best courses, PM me and we'll work something out. Know that Biscoe goes out his way each year to prep the course for us. The prize pool donation can be any used/new disc better than 8/10 condition or random dg or non-dg related item. Please no dog chew toys. Have no fear, prize distribution will be handled differently this year.

Swag: I still have left over custom stamped discs, shirts, and zipper hoodies to sell, this year discounted below cost. FWIW, the discs and shirts are great to get everyone in attendance to autograph and have as a keep-sake.

attachment.php

Food and Drink… typically Vegan Ray will have some sort of delicious lunch option available Saturday between rounds, and KniceZ usually cooks breakfast saturday/sunday. Our dinners are pot-luck style. Everybody brings something to cook on the many grills and hopefully shares with everybody camping. FredVegas will cook just about anything as long as he gets a taste. JAbruzzo likes to keep the beer tub stocked with Ice and beer and we all throw money at him to do so. Please, if you have exquisite tastes, bring your preferred brands. No kegs – cans and bottles only.

FredVegas Photography: probably one of the coolest, most generous deals of the entire weekend is the amazing work Kevin does with his camera equipment. No doubt, you'll get your sweet hippy head captured in all it's disc golf'n glory and make Kevin's 2013 highlight reel. (queue embarassing photo of jrawk now...)

What else is there to go over? Discuss!!!

Crap, camping. I don't think that would work well being an out-of-towner that has to fly in.

Crap, camping. I don't think that would work well being an out-of-towner that has to fly in.

Dude, there's a barn with comfy hay... it's kinda like the redneck version of the flyboy cabin.

Seriously, tho. I know prerube has extra tents. And mine sleeps 6, so i think we got ya covered. ;)

Dude, there's a barn with comfy hay... it's kinda like the redneck version of the flyboy cabin.

Seriously, tho. I know prerube has extra tents. And mine sleeps 6, so i think we got ya covered. ;)

That would probably be a huge help in convincing the wife. Anyone want to pick a brother up from the airport?

it's to early for me to know if i can make it... but i definitely want to.

Unless something happens I should be good to go this year. If I can make it down in time I would like to do glow but leaving that blank till I can see how my classes will be this semester. I'll bring my camera down to make sure someone gets shots of FredVegas :).

hrmm I wonder if my sister in law will be in town then. that way I can excape up there for a weekend and my wife won't notice.

DAM. MIT.

Can't attend.

Brother's wedding is the 5th.

Looks like someone else will get to win it this time.

:(

Been wondering about when this was being scheduled.

Wouldn't miss it - even though it is my wedding anniversary weekend!! If other women come, I might convince Betty to come as well.

I'll be camping on site and will do breakfast one morning for everyone.

I am 99.9% percent sure I am coming this year. I was planning on coming down last year, but stuff came up. I think I will meet you guys at the Blockhouse Friday night(I want to play Sunnyside and Darkside during the day), and then play singles on Saturday. I am probably going to hit the road and head back home on Saturday night though.

the only hole that to me is just out of place is the short straight downhiller before you cross the creek.

is 12 the one with the creek on the right and it finishes up the hill? i like that hole. i rolled a FB all the way up that bitch.

Latest posts