• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

50 Courses Played

Just broke 100 on Friday! Added 12 new courses Thursday to Saturday. I had stalled pretty bad after a trip to North Carolina last year, but the fires have been lit...just in time for the cold!

it was fun reading threw this threat which was started back in November of 2011 and seeing how many of the respondents had eclipsed the 50 courses played mark since they had originally posted to this thread.

I love discovering/playing new courses. It keeps the game interesting. So far I have had the opportunity to play 14 different courses all in North and South Carolina. Wanted to play a course on Cape Cod when I was up there visiting family this past summer but just couldn't squeeze it in. Maybe next trip. Don't know if I will ever get to fifty... Work, family, the house and many other commitments all eat into my free time.

I enjoyed reading this thread in the future to see how some people met their goals to hit the number but some didn't. As someone who hasn't been able to play much outside the region, I am very envious of those who can. This really makes me want to push for a few fun road trips in the coming year!

Glad to hear that there's interest in the thread. I really enjoy stuff like this, too.

I just got to 75 yesterday as well. In australia though. Hoping I can get to 100 Here/New Zealand.

I hit #76 today! Of course, I'm still at one country played. :p

I don't know exactly, but I'd say I was between 25-35 courses when this thread was started. So I feel pretty decent being at 66 now. Over the next couple weeks I'm in Cleveland for work, so I plan to get at least to 70.

Was hoping to hit 1200 by the end of the year. Not happening, doubt I'll be playing any more courses until hopefully feb of 2015

Jimb, knettles and The Last DJ... Three posts from different WV disc golfers in a row? That might be a first! :clap:

I grabbed quite a few courses this year...but what's really cool is that I played in 7 new states. MA, RI, CT, NC, IN, MN, and IL. I should get in TX at least next year, and way more if we do a family road trip to AZ like we're planning next year.

At 89 courses right now. No clue where I started the year, but I'm thinking somewhere around 50. Not a bad year!

Nice - I'm at 27 now, and I hope to make it to your level next year. So much it is t travel and frolf.

I was at 34 courses when this thread was posted and am up to 114 now. Somehow I've played way more courses in the last 3 years than in the first 3 years of playing.

If you'd told me then "Over the next 3 years you'll play 80 courses, including Highbridge, Charlotte, Selah Ranch, Flip City, and Blue Ribbon Pines," I would have said, "Awesome! What is Selah Ranch?"

Took my first vacation in 15 years. Now by vacation I'm talking more than 3 days off in a row, I took 5. I'm up to 189 courses. Stayed in my home state, just over 80% in state played. 3 years ago I believe I was around 160.

I grabbed quite a few courses this year...but what's really cool is that I played in 7 new states. MA, RI, CT, NC, IN, MN, and IL.

That's sweet! I was very pleased to add 5 new states this year. I added MA, VT, NY and NJ on my annual, Summer, trip to Maine. And we went to Disney World in February so I got to add FL this year, too. :clap:

That's sweet! I was very pleased to add 5 new states this year. I added MA, VT, NY and NJ on my annual, Summer, trip to Maine. And we went to Disney World in February so I got to add FL this year, too. :clap:

It was fun...I bagged MA, RI, and CT in one day.

As close as I live to a state border, I've only ever played them both in the same day 2, maybe 3 times.

All during a tournament :\

This thread really makes me wish I had a job that required me to travel often. Hmm, I think I'm going to start looking.

I was at 34 courses when this thread was posted and am up to 114 now. Somehow I've played way more courses in the last 3 years than in the first 3 years of playing.

If you'd told me then "Over the next 3 years you'll play 80 courses, including Highbridge, Charlotte, Selah Ranch, Flip City, and Blue Ribbon Pines," I would have said, "Awesome! What is Selah Ranch?"

three years ago i played my third course. i played my fourth a year later. a year and a half ago i was up to 8. now im at 204. if three years ago, you told me i would play 200 courses in the near future i probably would have said, "there are 200 disc golf courses?"

three years ago i played my third course. i played my fourth a year later. a year and a half ago i was up to 8. now im at 204. if three years ago, you told me i would play 200 courses in the near future i probably would have said, "there are 200 disc golf courses?"

Wow. That escalated quickly!

109 and counting for me. :hfive: