• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

50 Courses Played

Discing in California is nice but being a nomad type of person, I'd like to play in other states. Colorado comes to mind because they have some serious elevation change on some of their holes. Kind of like Top of the World on steroids.

19 away from 50 and 69 from a century. Let's do it.

Its not so hard--I was probably at 25_30 courses when I joined Dec '11, and now I'm nearing 220. Its an obsession. Just played 9 new courses last week in ID/UT. A 9er, Von Baer in Logan, was awesome.

Its not so hard--I was probably at 25_30 courses when I joined Dec '11, and now I'm nearing 220. Its an obsession. Just played 9 new courses last week in ID/UT. A 9er, Von Baer in Logan, was awesome.

My problem is transportation. I use the bus and light rail to hit almost half of the 31 courses that I've played. The others were friends that I got into the sport and getting lucky that a day was opened up on their schedules. Trying to funds a few more DG'ers on here near me so I can hit some of the courses that I've been wanting to play ever since joining the site.

Congrats Jimb!

FWIW, only about 4% of the folks here have hit the 50 course mark, and only 1% have hit 100, so these are bigger accomplishments than we may give credit for, especially for you folks who have long work hours and family commitments to attend to.

Where do you find these stats?

I just hit 71 this week after a little disc golf road trip. Never really thought of the number before.
I guess it would be pretty cool to play every course in my state.

Last edited:
Where do you find these stats?

Curious myself, I figured out that you can 'Browse Members" & fill in nothing, but 'Find', and it says there are 65556 dgcr users. Then click 'Courses Played': 50 (or 100), and see 3000ish, and 900ish, respectively, to get 4.5% & 1.4% Pretty neat feature for the statistically minded to play with. :p

Could get some of the data from the 'Members Hall of Fame' pages, as well...

Query the number of members. (currently 65,557 and yes, I'm sure there are some duplicate accounts).

Now query just those with 50+ courses played (3,080 or about 4.7%).

Then do the same for 100+ played (899, or about 1.37%).

Curious myself, I figured out that you can 'Browse Members" & fill in nothing, but 'Find', and it says there are 65556 dgcr users. Then click 'Courses Played': 50 (or 100), and see 3000ish, and 900ish, respectively, to get 4.5% & 1.4% Pretty neat feature for the statistically minded to play with. :p

Could get some of the data from the 'Members Hall of Fame' pages, as well...

But, there are close to 30000 with zero courses played. So more like 8% of people who marked courses played 50

I'd say anyone who has played more than 50 courses either has too much time on his/her/its hands or is in need of some serious mental health help.

I feel 98% of the world is in need of some serious mental health. Among disc golfers maybe 80% so we are above the rest.

I'm at 292 in Wisconsin. And was planning on being the first ever to 300 played in one state, a little later this summer! Oh well, #2 isn't bad either. :hfive:

Just for record; I believe I'm now (though I have to mark them as played); the second person to ever have 300 played in one state. Eclipsed that mark this weekend.

*Same weekend my major traveling buddy of the past year or two (who posted the above) hit his 400th played! Two separate trips this time! Us course baggers gotta do what we have to do to get 'er done!*

Last edited:

Well done, sir!

Just for record; I believe I'm now (though I have to mark them as played); the second person to ever have 300 played in one state. Eclipsed that mark this weekend.

*Same weekend my major traveling buddy of the past year or two (who posted the above) hit his 400th played! Two separate trips this time! Us course baggers gotta do what we have to do to get 'er done!*

I just got 229 yesterday, with 159 being in WI. I feel like I'm doing good work here until I hear your exploits (although you do have a few more years of throwing than I do!).

But, there are close to 30000 with zero courses played. So more like 8% of people who marked courses played 50

Since I hit 70 courses played, I've wondered where I rank on here, thinking it was average to a little above average. Turns out, over 70 courses is the top 3% of all members on here. :hfive:

But, I like reposado's logic here, use only the # of members that have marked played courses. (I can't believe there are that many members that haven't marked a single played course, especially when it only takes a couple of clicks. :doh:)

So, with those 30,000+ taken out, that puts me in the top 5%! And that doesn't include any "Disc Golf only" trips. :D

What's interesting is there are some places like the Twin Cities where you can get 50 without going more than 30 miles from home. I can play about 55 within 30 miles as the GPS flies.