• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

53 discs in one round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you should leave behind everything at a private course with a staff and a lost and found. a public course, sure that is different.

Definatly never pick up plastic that isn't yours on a private course. The most I will do if I find plastic off in the woods on a private course is either take it to the lost and found (providing there is one) or place it somewhere in the shade where the owner of the course will find it. Unless it has a name and # on it, then I will call and text the person to try to get it back to them first.

Last edited:
But how would he know it's his ?

There are plenty of Granite discs that look like that, it could be anybodies.

I have a Jupiter VP I thought was pretty unique until I recently saw its clone on Feebay.

A personal, one off dye job is as good as a sig, but I have two Chunk VP's and a Summit from the first run that all look very similar, despite being unique.
If I played the shell game with you I doubt you could identify the same disc over and over.

The unmarked disc he kept was white KC Pro Roc. I have one of those too. There are a zillion of them, they're like a dime a dozen.

So, say he returns it, and there are two people who have previously lost similar discs, who gets to keep it ? The first guy to find it in the stacks ? If its not truly his, he has no more right to it than the person who finds it in a lake.
You see the problem ?

you're telling me that if you saw your white KCP Roc in the lost and found after you lost your white KCP Roc at that course, that you wouldn't know that it was yours? that's a load and you know it.
certain dings in the rim, where the stamp is wearing off... there are lots of ways of identifying a specific disc.

and the whole point was, it was found on private property where the owners have claim to anything found on the property. if the rules of conduct say return lost discs to the lost & found, then you should be doing that.

and the only problem with 2 people trying to take the same disc is that one person is lying and stealing. either way, it's not your problem. nobody really has to follow these rules, that's life. but don't delude yourself into thinking your conscience is clean when you're breaking the rules and taking someone else's stuff.

So, I agree with the policy that if you find a disc with no markings, and nobody around who might have thrown it, then congratulations, its yours to enjoy, guilt free.

this appears no different to me from "you should sign the basket when you hit an ace, cuz everyone says that's what you're supposed to do."

no, that's not your property.

Last edited:
I guess those people should have got in the water and got their own disc then. They must not be to worried about their unsigned disc if they just left it to the waterie grave with out putting up a fight to find it.:)

this thread took a surprisingly long time to break down. my initial thought when i saw it posted was that it wouldn't last an hour before turning into a discussion about 'lost' discs.

kudo's to the trolls for allowing it to last so long. my thanks.

you're telling me that if you saw your white KCP Roc in the lost and found after you lost your white KCP Roc at that course, that you wouldn't know that it was yours? that's a load and you know it.
certain dings in the rim, where the stamp is wearing off... there are lots of ways of identifying a specific disc.

and the whole point was, it was found on private property where the owners have claim to anything found on the property. if the rules of conduct say return lost discs to the lost & found, then you should be doing that.

and the only problem with 2 people trying to take the same disc is that one person is lying and stealing. either way, it's not your problem. nobody really has to follow these rules, that's life. but don't delude yourself into thinking your conscience is clean when you're breaking the rules and taking someone else's stuff.

this appears no different to me from "you should sign the basket when you hit an ace, cuz everyone says that's what you're supposed to do."

no, that's not your property.

Things been in water though, So I am sure the stamp is worn more then normal, and I am sure it's gotten a little of a beat from being in the water Honestly, if I lost a disc and sound found it without my name, I don't know if I would know it.

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

Seriously! People are batsh!t insane to think that if they don't put their names on discs that they will be and should be returned. For one thing, while we were picking up discs, the course employee we flagged down was there too and he had no issue with us clearly taking the no-names. If you don't put your name on a disc, you don't care about getting it back. I started this thread because, like others have mentioned, I've had dreams about finding "the motherload" before and this was probably as close as I'll ever get. Who'd have thought it would turn into such a troll farm. Shame on you losers.:thmbdown: Sorry to rant but this is just silly!

It's not silly, its a fundemental ethics problem within the mentality of the masses of disc golfers. Marked or not, its theft. Period. There is no question. Don't worry about whether or not it gets back to its rightful owner, give yourself a clear conscience and return it to the L&F anyway. If it doesn't bother you to steal the disc, well then... don't let it bother you to be branded a theif. Because that's what you are.

Jeronimo - your crazy, guy returns 51 discs he found some crap and some rare, returns all of them but 2 with no info and you complain. Man I know some people that would keep all 53 to them self and sell for profit. So I want to say great job on returning them in.

Can't please everyone.

Nope. Not doing this again. Thread = Officially crapped up.

Angry_baby____by_therandomrenamers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.