• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

55 south

boede

Traveling to louisiana from st. louis on 55s, any courses off the HWY that should be a must to hit, and a must once in Louisiana.

In Northern Mississipi: George Payne Cossar State Park is >5miles from 55

The only other course less than 5 miles off is Lefleurs Bluff State Park, but it is a 2 star that says it is pay to play.

7 miles of 55 is the rez Ross Barnett average Rating 4.19

There isnt much in Louisiana. The course in Metarie (closest to New Orleans) isnt that good. It is mostly open and not a lot of tough executing of shots. I missed my chance to play the courses around Baton ROuge because we were in the midst of an all day soaking rain when we were there unfortunately.

I did enjoy my visit to St. Genevieve just a little outside of St Louis. It isnt an awesome course but it was enjoyable.

I think the Rez is worth the trip. I would say you can get to it in about 15 minutes from I-55. Lafluers bluff is right next to the highway but it is an unusual course. the 2 9's are totally separated and you have to drive from one to the other. With that said I do like the back 9 there. It is short and very wooded. 2 of my aces came there on hole #10. When are you travelling?

take a short detour and head into memphis.
shortly after you cross the river you head north for about 20min. and you can hit up BUD HILL.
i've played it on a road trip to houston. good fun! good people.
there is a state park not too far from that.(meeman-shelby) two courses.

A lot of the better DG in Louisiana seems to be along I-20, but that's kinda out of your line of travel.

Baton Rouge is a bit closer and has a few decent courses, and a local club.

http://www.brdga.org/

when are you going back up? I am on spring break the week of march 15-19th and could possibly meet up with you in Jackson to play The Rez.

Latest posts