• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A bit more fade than a Roc.

ominae

I'm looking for a disc that has just a bit more fade than a Roc. I've tried the Whippet and a Drone and both were way too stable for me. I've also experimented with Rocs in different weights and plastics. I just need a disc that will have a bit more made than a new brand new Roc. Any suggestions? The brand doesn't make a difference for me?

First off, thank you for knowing the correct use of the word -Than- in your very correct thread title.
I like the Wasp for a more predictable fade. I use to throw a Shark but it was too slow for me.

Define try? Drone is an absolute bombing hook, but was the whippet DX? Did you own it, or was it a buddys you were trying (ie. how new?)

I assume you're trying to stay with mid/fairway driver ?

If you can find one for a decent price, get a champion thrower roc, slightly more overstable than a new KC Pro, and are basically indestructible.

I like the Wasp, personally. I find it to have a more predictable fade than a number of different Roc styles I've tried (Flat top roc being closest)...

Get a Gremlin:) Discmania GM is the old Gremlin mold and it comes in great plastic. I'm not sure why this disc was ever discontinued, but it may be what you are looking for.

The best thing i ever did for this was go to play it again sports and pick up a semi beat gator. out of the box theyre pretty overstable, but when beat in, there only just a tad more stable than the roc. definitely still very managable to throw. not too overstable and not too flippy. its my go-to mid.

I really liked a Shockwave for something like this... gotta find the right weight for you though... max weight was way too beefy for for me, I think I settled on a ~174g, and it was great... sort of like a KC Pro Roc in a better plastic.

Define try? Drone is an absolute bombing hook, but was the whippet DX? Did you own it, or was it a buddys you were trying (ie. how new?)

I assume you're trying to stay with mid/fairway driver ?
Own both and have thrown them many times. I bought a DX whippet and a ESP FLX Drone. They are too much disc for me.

How about an S Demon, a little beat-in? Or how about powering down a driver?

Or a Gateway Warrior. Just be careful what weight you buy. 176 is max legal weight and the market is flooded with 180's.

Discraft MRX. Feels just like a Roc while being a touch more overstable. I'd have to disagree about the Cobra, though I love them for straight shots and slight annies.

Or a Gateway Warrior. Just be careful what weight you buy. 176 is max legal weight and the market is flooded with 180's.

The Warrior would be a good choice. Actually, 182 is the max legal weight for the newly PDGA approved re-tooled Warrior. If you want it to maintain stability, get one in E HPP. The Sure Grip ones beat in nicely to make great line shapers.

Latest posts