• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Eulogy for Järva DiscGolfPark

Sad business, really.

I played it once only, and it really is the best course I have ever played. A true gem.

To make it into a graveyard, a travesty (even before when I didnt know about the landfill business).

Say what you will*, but in my books, mortal remains are best cremated and scattered. Its nice to have some place to reminisce, but a whole park with tombstones is not just in line with modern times anymore. Problem is, many immigrant religions into Sweden do not allow for cremation, adding more pressure for having huge land areas for old fashioned burial.

*About afterlife, though, there may be something on the other side but I am pretty sure it doesnt hinge on what happened to the previous vessel when used up.

One of the best courses on the world may literally end up in a graveyard? Not quite proper use of the word ironic, but that's the word that comes to mind.

Not that I was planning to play it any time soon, but it suxxorz. :(

Nothing new regarding information. I am interested in Jarva's outcome. The article was a bit too wordy for me.

Sad business, really.

I played it once only, and it really is the best course I have ever played. A true gem.

To make it into a graveyard, a travesty (even before when I didnt know about the landfill business).

Say what you will*, but in my books, mortal remains are best cremated and scattered. Its nice to have some place to reminisce, but a whole park with tombstones is not just in line with modern times anymore. Problem is, many immigrant religions into Sweden do not allow for cremation, adding more pressure for having huge land areas for old fashioned burial.

*About afterlife, though, there may be something on the other side but I am pretty sure it doesnt hinge on what happened to the previous vessel when used up.
I think we need a compromise to save this course... https://www.capsulamundi.it/en/

Just put all the dead folk into tree-seed-nutrient-pod-thingies, and put those trees around the course. And... um.. when people come to pay respects make sure to yell 'FORE!' in a very reverent and deferential manner.

Put me in a pine box in my backyard the way Clint Eastwood's undertakers used to do it. In a few years I'll be good compost for the yard.

giphy.gif

I think we need a compromise to save this course... https://www.capsulamundi.it/en/

Just put all the dead folk into tree-seed-nutrient-pod-thingies, and put those trees around the course. And... um.. when people come to pay respects make sure to yell 'FORE!' in a very reverent and deferential manner.

I would not mind treenying otherwise perfect shots in my next life. ;)

Put me down for one of these:
https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/03/world/eco-solutions-capsula-mundi/index.html

I've got a work trip to Lithuania in November, where disc golf is apparently not a thing. I was hoping that I might be able to work in a side trip to Järva before it dies, but it looks like it usually closes for the year (if not forever this time) a few weeks before I would be able to get there.

What would be a good creepy bag?

Wraith
Reaper(Scythe)Cant have the Reaper without his chosen weapon.;)
Zombee
Ghost
Undertaker
Spirit
Demon
Tomb
Banshee

Anything else?

Underworld
Anubis- Original Egyptian god of the underworld.
Diablo

Last edited:

Latest posts