• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A few minor features..

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know about a couple of new items I added to the site that you may not have noticed.

If you check someones site profile you'll notice little document icons in their played lists. Those icons indicate that the person has reviewed that course and if you click on it you should be taken directly to their review.

Also, one that may not be so obvious is on the Browse Map, if two courses have the same latitude/longitude the site will randomize the locations very, very slightly so the baskets on the map page don't overlap and you can get info for both courses. You'll probably have to zoom in a few clicks beyond the default zoom level to notice the change in placement. I don't think this effects too many courses on the site yet but as more get added that may have multiple courses in one park, etc. it should help a bit.

There were also some back-end changes that only effect me for the most part.

Another minor thing.. the highest rated courses on the home page will now only show courses with more than one review. This way one "5" vote won't push a course to the top of the list.

Another minor thing.. the highest rated courses on the home page will now only show courses with more than one review. This way one "5" vote won't push a course to the top of the list.

Also, a 4 or a 4.5 on a course that has mostly 5s (which should occur when people are honest in their reviews) shouldn't push a good course off the list. The more times a course gets reviewed, the more likely it is to have differing opinions about it. However, the fact that a course is getting more reviews makes its overall average score more credible. I'd rather visit a course that has seven or eight very good reviews than one or two perfect ones.

I think this change is a step in the right direction.

As the site gets more reviews I may further changes this so a course needs say.. 5 reviews to make the list. Right now there are a lot of courses on the site that have only one review and around 60 or so that have 2 or more.

Latest posts