• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you care about course videos?

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Since I joined this site I've been working on adding videos to the course pages of courses I've played that don't have any good videos.

Any time I'm browsing new courses on the website, if there is a good video showing off the course I use it.

I feel they give a much better idea of how the course plays than photos do.

So why am I now asking if others find them useful?

Well with the redesign videos are harder to see.

It used to be when you clicked on the photos section of a course, there was a tab for photos, and a tab for videos.

There was a number next to the videos tab indicating how many videos that course had.

Now the photos and videos are bunched together, with zero indication whether or not there are any videos unless you manually look through every page of photos, and see a thumbnail with a tiny little play icon.

If it stays this way I'm not sure I going to bother adding videos to this site any more. They're so buried within the photos page that I feel like no one will even notice them.

I also noticed you can no longer sort photos by which hole they show - a feature I utilized often.

Also, there's no video tab on the home page. There's a media tab but it seemed like a mess - memes from the off topic forum sections sprinkled in with random videos and course photos.

What are your thoughts? Did you ever rely on course videos on the old site? Do you see yourself looking for them on the new design?

(Sorry, don't see an option to make polls)

I'm more likely to look through all the course pics (with map and hole distances up in another window) than to watch a video. That's gotten more frustrating now that they default to reverse order and you need to click past each pic twice.

If we're talking about learning something, I'm more likely to want to read about it than to watch a video. For some topics, video is better, but in most cases I get more information more quickly by reading.

Since I joined this site I've been working on adding videos to the course pages of courses I've played that don't have any good videos.

Any time I'm browsing new courses on the website, if there is a good video showing off the course I use it.

I feel they give a much better idea of how the course plays than photos do.

So why am I now asking if others find them useful?

Well with the redesign videos are harder to see.

It used to be when you clicked on the photos section of a course, there was a tab for photos, and a tab for videos.

There was a number next to the videos tab indicating how many videos that course had.

Now the photos and videos are bunched together, with zero indication whether or not there are any videos unless you manually look through every page of photos, and see a thumbnail with a tiny little play icon.

If it stays this way I'm not sure I going to bother adding videos to this site any more. They're so buried within the photos page that I feel like no one will even notice them.

I also noticed you can no longer sort photos by which hole they show - a feature I utilized often.

Also, there's no video tab on the home page. There's a media tab but it seemed like a mess - memes from the off topic forum sections sprinkled in with random videos and course photos.

What are your thoughts? Did you ever rely on course videos on the old site? Do you see yourself looking for them on the new design?

(Sorry, don't see an option to make polls)
ALLLLLLL of this !!! Especially in red!!!

Latest posts