• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Fun List of Odd Rule Uses

You argue well on the internet, we'll agree to disagree on how often this rule gets overlooked -- it just doesn't make any sense in most cases to even consider using it. I see your examples and contend they're exaggerations -- 0% chance you can't get up and down from 85' after your disc rolled there? Really -- 0%? Not one throw in a million could've possibly gotten through!?! Wow! You're a rules genius!!

Last time I checked, disc golf doesn't award style points: a throw counts as a throw and you don't get to reduce its weight by the degree of difficulty.

So, faced with a choice between a 99% probability of making bogey by taking a 1 throw penalty and holing the rethrow vs. a 0.000001% probability of saving par by holing a miracle throw and 99.999999% probability of making bogey or worse if the miracle doesn't transpire, you think the smarter play is to bank on the miracle? Wow! You must be a math genius.

Last time I checked, disc golf doesn't award style points: a throw counts as a throw and you don't get to reduce its weight by the degree of difficulty.

So, faced with a choice between a 99% probability of making bogey by taking a 1 throw penalty and holing the rethrow vs. a 0.000001% probability of saving par by holing a miracle throw and 99.999999% probability of making bogey or worse if the miracle doesn't transpire, you think the smarter play is to bank on the miracle? Wow! You must be a math genius.

I typed none of the stuff you've typed so I'm unclear if you're speaking to me or someone else.n -- either re-read it if you care or ignore since I don't.

:)

Latest posts