• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A.R.T.H.U.R.

If I had to choose between that Min Ming Tarng dude's version of frisby golf which is downright ridiculous and that invention to be stranded on a deserted island with its going to be a tough choice.

I shared your page though. Can not see this being taken seriously outside of a novelty but the thought of a moving pin is fresh to the game. Best of luck.

A moving target really isn't the main idea of ARTHUR. The real goal is to drastically expand the number of different courses available in any given area. Everyone knows what its like to get a little worn out on local courses and wish for new ones or road trip out to play others. With ARTHUR any park can become not just one 18 hole course but as many as you can think up. Also i am proud to announce the addition of a universal accessory mounting system for things like sound systems gear storage and our personal favorite the on board cooler. As far as its capabilities over various terrain goes the chassis was designed to be very rugged and once one more component arrives testing will begin.
http://www.facebook.com/ARTHUR.DISCGOLF
thanks

If I were designing this I would make sure to give it big wheels and plenty of ballast. I'd also probably develop the remote control before the GPS automatic control, simply because it's easier to navigate if you use the processing power of the human brain.

Awesome....now no one will ever know where the pin is when they go to play their local DG course...if it is even still there (if no one has stolen it).

:\

Clarification and details

Based on some of the recent comments it seems that we need to fill in some information for everyone.
Lets start with the purpose of A.R.T.H.U.R., the intended use is at this time is for a group of discers that either own or have access to A.R.T. to be able to take it to any park or open space in their area and play a full round (9,18,27...holes) by either programming a preset course themselves or downloading a pre-programmed one. These courses will consist of gps coordinates. As the round begins A.R.T. will travel off to the first waypoint and stop there, creating the first hole of the course. Once all players have made their way to the hole and retrieve the discs from the basket, A.R.T. will travel to the next waypoint and stop creating the second hole. This continues until a full round is complete. This means that in normal circumstances there will be no moving targets or mystery hole locations.

Now for the capabilities, the base is designed to be very robust we are using two no-flat tires designed for traveling on grass on each side. All four wheels are powered and should provide plenty of traction for most situations. The base its self will weigh in the range of 200 pounds and is designed for maximum ground clearance. The bottom of the main case is a single piece of sheet metal rounded on both ends to create a skid plate to minimize drag and avoid getting caught up. The basket assembly is self leveling, at this point it will level in one direction from side to side, full range may be added at a later date. It is powered by a battery bank contained within its body. Solar will likely be added to help the batteries maintain a charge while out on the course. Remote control of this unit is something that we could easily do with very little effort at any time so it has not been a focus. It will also have a universal mounting system for coolers sound systems ect..

If I have left any question unanswered feel free to let us know.
Thanks and keep spreading the word.http://www.facebook.com/ARTHUR.DISCGOLF

THis is a great concept. Coincidentally, I was at a tourney where a guy built a remote controlled basket (discgolfanywhere.com) and I got to mess around with it. If and when something like this goes to market I'll be very interested.

I have to ask though, what does the acronym stand for?