• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Short, but Sweet First Ace

I'm actually down visiting a friend whos here for the summer, but I'll definitely make the trip to play Peaks View. And #7?!? It's a short one, but for sure an impressive one. I have a hard time with that hole.

Yeah, I was screwing around and threw a RH flick hyzer-flip . . . with a putter. next thing I knew it was in the basket. I was laughing and screaming at the same time.

funny story about #15. One of my friends who is no good was playing Peaks view for the first time last year. His first shot ever on 15 went way right, through the tree on the right of the fairway about halfway there (the one where the trunk splits 20' up), kicked off some stuff and went in. He didn't even realize he aced it until he was looking for his disc on the ground and couldn't find it.

Where are all of these short holes? The shortest I ever really see around atlanta are 200ft and most holes are at least 250ft.

A hole has to be a minimum of 200' to be considered an Ace. Sorry keep trying. :)

I think your full of (bleep). If the shot is off the tee to the basket in one shot, it dosen't matter how long the hole is. There are holes shorter than 200' on a lot of courses.

I think your full of (bleep). If the shot is off the tee to the basket in one shot, it dosen't matter how long the hole is. There are holes shorter than 200' on a lot of courses.

There are some really good holes shorter than 200'.

Off the tee and in the basket is an ace. Not sure where the "200' rule" came from. Sure a 350' Ace is a lot cooler than a 125', but I still count it as an ace. Good shot and keep throwing.

less than a 100' just doesnt seem like an ace (unless of course its your first.

Not even if its your first...I guarantee that anyone of would celebrate making an ace, even if its 80 feet and you putt it in. That's because people are not expected to make it from the tee, and it always feels good to hole it.

There are some really good holes shorter than 200'.

Yeah, it seems the course designers, if they're any good, try to make the short holes difficult..... or they're difficult and that's why they're short. Either way, short hole aces shouldn't be thought less of.

I have a question for anyone that may have been in this situation. If you've hit a number of approach shots in the 160-180' range (3 or 4), does it feel weird if your first ace is shorter than that?

Latest posts