• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A statistical breakdown of disc usage

So, factoring out real putts on a typical round at my home course I think my disc use numbers seem more realistic. Even not counting the putts, my putter use is highest as a large majority of my upshots are with putters.

Putters- 36%
Mids- 10%
Fairways- 27%
Drivers- 26%

Like you, no matter how you break it down, it still looks like my mids are my least used discs.

I think removing putts completely is most reliable.
I also don't really carry any true fairways. My fairways are the heat and volt, maybe my PD. For this I just considered the volt and heat.

Example:
Peninsula dgc (longer course- woods)
14 D 48.27%
3 F 10.34%
5 M 17.24%
7 P (up shots and tee shots only) 24.13%

If I kept putts except tap in then putter would be 53%.

The Farm is a short ace runner:
8 D 38.1%
1 F 4.8%
5 M 23.8%
7 P 33%

I would in some parts have a hard time tracking discs. Some like the Impact or the Archer are between fairway and driver. With those two molds Impact and Archer being almost midrange or midrange like in flight, they are hard to tell if midrange or fairway driver. Especially the Speed 5 Archer in the fairway category.

I would in some parts have a hard time tracking discs. Some like the Impact or the Archer are between fairway and driver. With those two molds Impact and Archer being almost midrange or midrange like in flight, they are hard to tell if midrange or fairway driver. Especially the Speed 5 Archer in the fairway category.

And... Some of us consider the Shark to be a putter.

And... Some of us consider the Shark to be a putter.

Actually was multi purpose before disc got labeled a midrange on the stamp. ;)

Then another Valkyrie some consider 9 speed to be fairway when on most charts minus Dynamic Disc does not and some 9 speed Discraft is on the web charts is on the line. This makes what category the disc is in even harder to tell then say companies that do not have borderline discs like the Zone/Sinus. In some of these cases I fall back to the lable on the stamp but Stalker and some retro stamp/older stamp fairway still say extra long driver on them rather then Fairway same for some in the 9 speed category made before 2000.