• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My new tournament bag for 2024!

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Playing for over 20 years but took about 5 years off from 2017-2021 and just getting back into it "seriously"
Throwing Style: RHBH, up shots with RHFH, and lots of BH and FH rollers off the tee and off the fairway
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Putter - 200/225 / Mids - 230/250 - Drivers 270/300

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Osteoarthritis in both ankles
Other sport proficiencies?: I am amazingly unathletic
Additional Information: Been working hard over the winter to gain distance lost from not playing and more distance will come. I used to throw upwards of 350 with driver
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I have many back ups if I lose a disc during a tournament round/I carry too many discs
Specific areas of desired feedback: Picking between beloved multiples of discs to slim the bag a bit
Immediate and long-term goals: Gain more distance, develop a decent FH, win a tournament in the old guys division

Bag:

Putters:

Discraft Soft Ringer GT (Putter line plastic) - 173g - My main 'putting putter'
Discraft Ringer GT (Jawbreaker plastic) - 155g - My understable throwing putter
Discraft Ringer GT (Jawbreaker plastic) - 167g - My stable throwing putter
Discraft Ringer GT (Z Metallic plastic) - 173g - My overstable throwing putter
Innova Zephyr (Champion Glow plastic) 200g - For short approaches and touch shots, especially uphill

Mids:

Innova Wedge (First Run Star plastic) - 166g - My understable slow mid and jump putting putter
Innova Wedge (First Run Star plastic) - 175g - My stable to understable slow mid in the woods
Innova Rollo (Star plastic) - 169g nice! - My BH roller disc off the tee
Innova Rollo (Champion plastic) - 180g - My fast understable midrange
Discraft Buzzz with DGCR stamp (Z plastic) - 174g - My slightly overstable mid, this is a beefy Buzzz for some reason

Fairway Drivers:

Axion Crave (Fission plastic) - 150g - My understable fairway driver
Axiom Crave (Fission plastic) - 155g - My Stable fairway driver
Axiom Crave (Fission plastic) - 159g - My overstable fairway driver (high PLH)

Distance Drivers:

Westside Hatchet (VIP AIR plastic) - 150g - My understable distance driver

Westside Hatchet (VIP AIR plastic) - 156g - My stable workhorse distance driver
Discraft Undertaker (ESP plastic) - 158g - My overstable distance driver
Innova Daedalus (Star plastic) - 144g - My FH and BH disc when there is bad footing, low ceilings, or throwing uphill
Innova Wraith (Star Plastic) - 153g - My FH disc that is beefy as heck for how light it is and also used a lot for FH rollers
Westside Bear (VIP plastic) - 173g - My headwind disc when everything else will flip and FH roller out of trouble disc

Last edited:
I see the spread of Innova and Trilogy and wonder if you have given the Diamond, or Sapphire a shot. As a former Trilogy thrower I loved the Hatchet, but the distance potential increased with the added speed and stability of the Sapphire, especially when I was learning to throw left handed and stuck around 300 feet of max distance. Both are extremely workable and great roller discs when broken in.

I see the spread of Innova and Trilogy and wonder if you have given the Diamond, or Sapphire a shot. As a former Trilogy thrower I loved the Hatchet, but the distance potential increased with the added speed and stability of the Sapphire, especially when I was learning to throw left handed and stuck around 300 feet of max distance. Both are extremely workable and great roller discs when broken in.

The Diamond I had was so understable it was barely throwable even with a hyzer flip, perhaps it was a fluke one, IDK but I gave it to a random newbie one day. I have not tried a Sapphire. I'll be at the Dynamic Discs in Carrolton, TX in a few days, I'll pick one up and try it! Thanks

The Diamond I had was so understable it was barely throwable even with a hyzer flip, perhaps it was a fluke one, IDK but I gave it to a random newbie one day. I have not tried a Sapphire. I'll be at the Dynamic Discs in Carrolton, TX in a few days, I'll pick one up and try it! Thanks
I always throw the Diamond out to 300 ish foot throwers. Most lack snap along with slower arm speeds or pour nose angle and its a good disc to gauge what is limiting distance. I don't think yours was a fluke, because I had the same experience with mine, though mine was a result of too much off axis torque. The Sapphire for me was "that" disc that forced me to throw with touch to keep from burning it over, quickly became a hyzer flip to straight to late slow turnover disc or deep hyzer into long S curves. I found the 2 fade very correct and it was a longer version of the Hatchet with almost identical flight lines and power required. I bagged both. Not a good wind disc (as most are in the easy to throw line and around 150-159 grams area) unless you find a Karat version which are the Max weight run they did. Those actually hold up extremely well and have a very strong fade off the shelf. I suggest Lucid plastic as the Gold Line are a little more flippy.