• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 bag workings

VictorB

* Ace Member *
Another season, another bag thread update.

Winters have been tough lately. We're a hockey family, which leaves very little time to disc. So, I'm relegated to learning how to throw again every spring...
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 19th season!
Throwing Style: Right handed, 75/25 BH/FH
Golf Distance for putter/mid/driver (averages):
Logic (225'), Pathfinder (275'), Undertaker (325'), Longhorn (350', max 375'ish)

Injuries/handicaps?: herniated disc that has caused some pain and numbness, avoid throwing hard forehands due to this. 7 months after it happened, I'm good to play golf again.
Other sport proficiencies?: I regularly play old man hockey
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?:
Like: Having all the options I'd want on the course
Dislike: Potentially too many options makes decisions a little more difficult
Specific areas of desired feedback: None in particular, this is just a yearly project that I like seeing a start/end point for.
Immediate and long-term goals: Play golf, have fun

THE BAG
Distance drivers
174 TP Giant, newish - wind fighter for distance
174 Swirl ESP Thrasher, DGPT champ edition, newish - max distance, with lots of room to work a hyzer flip
170 TS Swirl ESP Thrasher, worn - tailwind max distance
174 Nocturnal Longhorn, new - basically a faster predator
172 Swirl Apex Longhorn, newish - stable, controllable driver
172 1R Eternal Longhorn, worn - workhorse for distance, will flip and turn just a bit

Fairway Drivers
174 Eternal Freetail, slight wear - consistent turning driver, woods hyzer flips
174 Apex Freetail, worn - the best roller disc in the game. have to have a roller disc to compensate for not having a 350' forehand shot available right now
174 Z Predator, opaque w/ elite x stamp, worn - in the bag for a few years, and it's still quite overstable
174 JB Z Predator, newish - very straight for a new predator, great power straight to fade control driver
174 Z Undertaker, new - slightly overstable fairway, when I need a milder finish than a predator
174 Swirl ESP Undertaker, worn - money for those flip up fairway shots that don't want much fade.
168 Z Undertaker, worn - easier to flip and work lines than the ESP, great for carving lines in the woods
174 Steady Soda, newish - finesse hyzer flip lines, will hold a turnover

Midranges
177 Ethereal Pathfinder, newish - pretty stable pathfinder, has some integrity even into the wind.
176 EO Glow Pathfinder, newish - best straight stable midrange I've ever thrown. more glide than an aftershock, less power hungry than a buzzz
177 Nebula Aura Pathfinder, newish - extra in the bag as I learn the mold better. slightly straighter than the ethereal
176 Glow Mana, new - a proper hyzer flip midrange. sort of holding the spot in the bag until I work the rust out of my throw, and may return to a comet slot

Approach discs
174 TS SP Ice Breaker, newish - beefy breaker, has more fade than stock SP
174 SP Breaker, worn - in the sweet spot, still stable, has low glide, but doesn't fade or skip much
174 Lux Vapor Logic, new - super straight thrower. has a knack for pushing straight while it appears to be on a hyzer angle
175 EXO soft Logic, newish - straight BH approaches. used mainly for really finesse shots that require little to no ground play

Putters
(3x) 175 EXO hard Logic, newish - all putting duties

24 discs is more than I've consistently carried for years. I could probably condense this down, but at the same time I'm not throwing frequently enough to wear discs in like I used to - or learn all the intricacies of the wear stages and flight on different angles. I have decided not to limit my loadout going into this season, until it feels like I've relearned how to throw properly and consistently. Once I get to that point, I'll probably reduce down to about 18 discs. Everything has a purpose right now, but on the other hand I play my best golf when I have limited selection/overlap and only worry about executing the shot at hand.

Last edited: