• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 bag workings

I have a couple raptors and I expierence the exact same thing. Very similar flight to a predator but consistently comes up short of the predator. I did end up with some strange raptors though I have 2 that are stamped esp but they're not at all they're z or some kind of mix of z.

I feel like my bag is in a pretty good spot and haven't changed much for the last couple of months, so I'll likely roll with this until end of the season.

Distance
174 FF Hypercane, light wear: the fast utility disc - fights all wind and has some serious ground play
172 Nocturnal Longhorn, newish: pretty beefy (pun intended), so much so that I dont' feel the need to have a Force in the bag. Generally for long hyzers, FH and BH. Faster beat up predator flight might be my best comparison
172 Apex Longhorn, newish: good stable distance driver for my sub 400' golf shots.
174 Eternal Longhorn, worn: can flip up or pull a nice S turn flight

Fairway
174 Eternal Freetail, newish: I love this understable driver more than any I've ever thrown. smooth hyzer flips, consistent long turning shots, good tailwind driver. More stable than it's -4/1 rating would indicate.
172 Apex Freetail, worn: flip machine. beautiful rollers. can work a 3 direction flight with this disc, which I'm not sure I've ever done with a speed 10 disc. True to the -4/1
174 BigZ Predator, newish (very overstable)
173 Z Predator, worn (slightly overstable)
173 Z Predator, beat (straight)
167 Z Predator, beat ('flippy', works a ton of shapes)
Maybe I should have predators as their own section...this is a culmination of a cycling process started back in 2009ish? From somewhat flippy to quite overstable, everything is covered here!
174 BigZ Passion, newish: good straight to fade fairway.
174 ESP Passion, worn: tick of turn, tick of fade. one of the straightest overall drivers I've thrown. I didn't want to like the passion as much as I do, but it's hard to argue with the results I get from it.

Midranges
174 FF Quake, worn: finally starting to lose a bit of fade after a couple of years, but still a nice, flat quake
174 SP Quake, worn: baby shoulder on this one, holds straight longer than the FF
176 FR Catrina Rift, new
176 FR Catrina Rift, worn
I use the Rift more as a short fairway driver than a midrange. Easily capable of 325' hyzer flip up lasers even in my hands
177 ESP Swirl 2019 MJ Comet, newish: bit of dome but a good, stable comet.
176 ESP Swirl Glo 2018 MJ Comet, beat: my most dependable disc in the bag. If it's not super windy and I *HAVE* to make a shot inside 300', this is probably going to be the one I reach for.

Putt and approach
174 SP Breaker, worn: dependable forehand approach disc. Will use off the tee for hyzers that I don't want gliding out too.
174 Apex Bullet, newish: probably the most sneaky long throwing putter I've used. very straight with a bit of finish
174 Royal Med Bullet, worn: finesse upshot disc. definitely a good mold that will lose it's fade before really getting any turn
174 Royal Med Bullet, worn (x2): matching pair for putting. a tick less glide than a pure, which fits my natural swing better.