• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ABC Discs

CatFish

Par Member
I just wanted to give a shout out to ABC discs. I met Dan P. today who runs ABC Discs today at IDGC and he let me try a number of his discs. I tried the flying squirl, the screamer, the money putter, the gamma ray, and a prototype that hasn't been named or approved yet. Let me just say that these are high quality discs. The plastic felt great, comparable to champion or Z plastic. The discs flew like a dream as well. ABC discs are well worth looking into. Dan was a pleasure to play with and a ton of fun.

Flying Squirell is like a beat in comet.
I liked the Secret Weapon, it flies like the leopard, but I already have 5 of those in my bag.
The Gamma Ray was pretty overstable, like a predator.

Jrawk really likes The Mission

they are good discs, they just did not have a place in my bag.

Mission reminds me of a Champion Roc.

Dan is a good guy. He has a long way to go but i think he is up for the challenge. Keep it up ABC

The Money putter, much as I wanted to hate it for the cheezy name, seems to hunt chains really well.

Got me a Money Putter and Flying Squirrel today. Took the FS out for a few throws. Its gonna have to grow on me a bit.

Scarp, give the Mission a try if the squirrel doesn't do it for ya. Mission is much more reliable and middle of the road on the stability scale.

I haven't tossed a Screamer yet..... what was the prototype? A distance driver?

i like the money putter much more than an aviar. anyone who doesn't want their flying squirrel, check out my fs thread and i'll trade you something for it.

These guys are still way under the radar. I hope they catch on, I'm not sure their name is doing them any justice though.

I think the money putter is a faster omega(not aviar), it has no bead and a sharper nose. Someone Correct me if im wrong

These guys are still way under the radar. I hope they catch on, I'm not sure their name is doing them any justice though.

"But they're first on the flight chart, and if you knew anything about marketing you'd know that it makes sense"... that's what some douche knuckle tried to tell me when I bashed their terrible choice in names in another thread.

disc-golf.jpg

Bad at communication.

I know when you email them you do not get a response. How hard is it to return a email. Do they really want to get above the radar? :gross:

I don't think enough people are aware of ABC yet to make a determination whether they're going to get above the radar yet. Time will tell.

Latitude 64 and Discmania didn't exactly fly out the gate right away either, but took off when word got around that they made a quality product. Lightning and Quest AT have their fans too I'm sure, but lets face it, their reputations precede themselves.

I'm still throwing the FS and I don't know what the issue is, but this thing keeps flying out of my hand prematurely. There's almost a knife sharp ridge at the parting line and it cuts into my knuckles. Hopefully it will dull down with use, but if it doesn't, the Squirrel may soon become trade bait.

Happy New Year!

Thanks Cat Fish for the kind words. It was great playing with you two at the PDGA headquarters!

Please email any of your questions and you will get a response.

I certainly will get "above the radar". I am not forcing the issue, I am making sure we are making high quality discs. Our Gold plastic takes a back seat to no one! It is costly for us, however, we will have a predictable product that should not vary run to run.

This is a great journey. Great journeys are just that journeys and are not sprints. Making high quality discs will never be compromised in order to get "above the radar". Our quality is getting around. Rob Strasser, an ABC sponsored player, finished 6th at the 2010 Pro Worlds.

As for the discs coming our of your hand early, make sure you get your hips over your knee when you rotate. Lots of players rotate before they get over their hips. Thanks for giving the discs a try!

We are getting closer to having the 3 wide rimmed discs ready. Again, it is a process and we will get it right!

You all have a wonderful day! Practice your putting!

Dan Pastore

Latest posts