• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Accidental disc swap?

cali

* Ace Member *
Has this ever happened to anyone else before? My friend Tony and I were throwing a round as it got dark last night and were finishing out on hole 18. We threw a couple drives each just playing around with different lines and both threw orange Teebirds. I pulled what I thought was my Teebird out of my bag to throw it today and it turned out to be his lol.

Here are the 2 side by side. Almost identical.

His
125055_g.jpg

Mine
124047_g.jpg

My buddy and I have the same jk's but with different color stamps. Every 3-4 holes they get mixed up and we don't realize till one of us steps up to a putt. Why does he have to bite my style?

This happened to me once several years ago. i threw a white dx wraith over onto another hole's fairway, and another discer coming up that fairway threw his white dx wraith very close to it. we each grabbed what we thought were our discs, and kept playing, not realizing that they had different colored stamps. i didnt even notice until later that night, but both discs had the same weight and plastic color so it was a pretty even trade.

Incidentally, the wraith that I threw initially was returned to me this past august, a friend of mine found it on a different course 4 full years after the initial incident. it still had my name on it.

its happened to me a few times. everyone wher i live has the asia open glo firebirds and the locals will alot of the times throw the same route. so when 5 people throw the same shot it sucks, it was always getting confused. so i dyed mine and said f that! then i lost it :(

This happened to me once several years ago. i threw a white dx wraith over onto another hole's fairway, and another discer coming up that fairway threw his white dx wraith very close to it. we each grabbed what we thought were our discs, and kept playing, not realizing that they had different colored stamps. i didnt even notice until later that night, but both discs had the same weight and plastic color so it was a pretty even trade.

Incidentally, the wraith that I threw initially was returned to me this past august, a friend of mine found it on a different course 4 full years after the initial incident. it still had my name on it.

Very_Interesting.jpg

Many years ago, warming up before a tournament, a friend and I accidentally swapped blue-and-white Fly-Dye Cyclones. We walked to the next tee and I threw his in for an ace. We didn't know we switched discs until I pulled mine out of the basket.

How would it play out in a tourney if you marked the wrong disc and proceeded to finish the hole?

How would it play out in a tourney if you marked the wrong disc and proceeded to finish the hole?

thats a good question. i dont know the answer but im sure its coming :)
me and a friend both use 11x aviars with a blue stamp. very confusing

Section 812-f - He who useth the wrong disc shall receive ten (10) lashes and a brand of shame.

Section 812-f - He who useth the wrong disc shall receive ten (10) lashes and a brand of shame.
Uh wrong, :)
803.10A
A player who has thrown from another player's lie shall receive two penalty strokes with out a warning. The offending player shall complete the hole as if the other player's lie were his own. No throw shall be replayed.

B the other player receives no penatly and plays from their approximate lie as determined by their group or an official.

Mark your discs top and bottom people....

Uh wrong, :)
803.10A
A player who has thrown from another player's lie shall receive two penalty strokes with out a warning. The offending player shall complete the hole as if the other player's lie were his own. No throw shall be replayed.

B the other player receives no penatly and plays from their approximate lie as determined by their group or an official.

Mark your discs top and bottom people....

Does that mean if someone on my card aces, and I throw one in the water, I can take his ace for a three as if it was my own lie?

Really?

Disqualification by 3.3.B.(5): Cheating: a willful attempt to circumvent the rules of play.

I'll leave the googling of "circumvent" as an exercise for the reader.

My first year of playing I did this to myself. I mistook my Red Champion Wraith for my Red Champion Sidewinder. I thought that I had left my Wraith in the car (since it was just a new disc to try out) and put my Sidewinder in the bag. (At the time, I was so inexperienced that I didn't even feel the huge difference between the thickness of the rims.)

I couldn't figure out why all of my drives kept going hard left... duh! Then I lost the disc. After about 15 minutes of searching, I "found a red Wraith." I was still bummed that I lost my Sidewinder. Only once I got back to the car did I realize what had happened, and that I had actually found my own Wraith and had let the Sidewinder in the car.

That round really stunk, too! :doh:

My first year of playing I did this to myself. I mistook my Red Champion Wraith for my Red Champion Sidewinder. I thought that I had left my Wraith in the car (since it was just a new disc to try out) and put my Sidewinder in the bag. (At the time, I was so inexperienced that I didn't even feel the huge difference between the thickness of the rims.)

I couldn't figure out why all of my drives kept going hard left... duh! Then I lost the disc. After about 15 minutes of searching, I "found a red Wraith." I was still bummed that I lost my Sidewinder. Only once I got back to the car did I realize what had happened, and that I had actually found my own Wraith and had let the Sidewinder in the car.

That round really stunk, too! :doh:

Lol, join the rest of us oblivious idiots :thmbup:

I thought I had lost my drive in a glow tournament and went to the tee to re-tee, but one of my groupmates shouted that he "found" it. It turns out that he threw from my disc and picked it up.