• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Does it count

rossc24

So I got my second Ace in my life today. My first ace came back in sept 15 and two people I was playing against witnessed it, so we sign my disc and I signed the basket. So anyways I got another one today. I was playing by myself so nobody saw it go in so it really didn't matter to me as much. So I'm not counting it because it was practice and didn't count for anything really. So my question is do you guys count your aces even though its practice or a competion event. I was just wondering because I see alot of people say they have had multiple aces in their lives wonder if it was practice or the real thing. Also the basket I aced today was about 310 Ft straight shot I threw a X Discraft Avenger at ahyzer and it came back to a hyzer in the basket it looked great.

as long as it happen during your round, and not on a second shot or mulligan, its an ace

Yea it was my first shot. I threw a Surge on my second throw and threw over the basket by 25 feet. I was actually was out there to test flight the Innova Groove which I didn't throw on this hole because I knew it would blow right by it. So basically I got lucky I hope I can do it again during a tourny or something where people see it and get some money for it.

As long as it was your first shot, yeah. Mulligan aces don't count, tho. Tournament aces are the best cuz that gets you into the ace pool action.

If you were playing a round of ball golf and got a hole in one would you count it? of course!

rossc24 said:
so we sign my disc and I signed the basket.

signing discs = cool
signing basket = defacing property...don't sign the basket, or tee post or any thing on the course...that's just uncool

but other than that... yeah as long as the disc went in the hole on your first shot count it as an ace...

DO NOT SIGN THE BASKET. I dont know how or when this trend started but we just had a talk about it on my other dg forum. Its a stupid thing to do. sign your disc call your mom but please dont deface things that do not belong to you. :? :?

The real question is, who cares? If it doesn't take place during a tournament it doesn't really matter that much. Don't get me wrong, I love a good ace, but never do I say to anyone the amount I have gotten or anything. I am much more proud of a good round than an ace, an ace just one good shot (A lot of luck involved also.) Anyway, don't anyone take this as me dissing on anyone or anything.

Bugbee said:
The real question is, who cares? If it doesn't take place during a tournament it doesn't really matter that much. Don't get me wrong, I love a good ace, but never do I say to anyone the amount I have gotten or anything. I am much more proud of a good round than an ace, an ace just one good shot (A lot of luck involved also.) Anyway, don't anyone take this as me dissing on anyone or anything.
True, but who really cares about a good round? It should really be your lifetime average that counts. Or if you're a into reincarnation, maybe one lifetime is too brief to be significant? :wink:

Aces are great! It's one of those exciting moments that adds to the game. And to answer your question, I agree with Corey. Congrats!

Animix said:
As long as it was your first shot, yeah. Mulligan aces don't count, tho. Tournament aces are the best cuz that gets you into the ace pool action.

As long as you pay into the ace pool you get some of the action.

I made the HUGE mistake to not get into the ace pool at a tournamen because i thought there wasnt any aceable holes out there and sure enough I hit an ace and didnt even get any 50-1 money either because one of the guys on my card was a knock sucker and didnt payup. What was even worse is that I bet a guy on the card 5 that he wasnt going to birdy and he did and cancelled out the 50-1 that he would have paid me. The one other person on my card did pay me 3 bucks and told me to get in the ace fund next time :evil: :evil:

Congrats on your ace though and ALWAYS get in the ace fund.