• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace to the Face...

When people throw on me on blind holes, I put their disc in the basket. Then I run ahead. A couple holes later, I'll wait for them. When they walk up I'll say, "you didn't get an ace back there, I put your disc in the basket ". I love being a dick!

I need to play the new Lakewood Hills one of these days. The last time I played it there were still only 14 holes, which is probably quite a few years ago.

2 of my 3 aces were more luck than skill. My first one was about 10 years ago at Hansen, the old number 2 and it hit off a branch and made a glorious "GONG" sound as it was a green cone basket.

My 2nd was on a semi-blind hole. Instead of a slight hyzer I threw it straight at the basket, and it somehow made it through the brush, skipped and went straight into the chains.

The last one was definitely more skill than luck. 280 feet downhill on a ski slope at Elm Creek. I threw my DX Roc straight down, wanting it to fade as it got close to the basket and bounce near the pin, well it bounced higher than i thought and jumped right in.

I need to play the new Lakewood Hills one of these days. The last time I played it there were still only 14 holes, which is probably quite a few years ago.

2 of my 3 aces were more luck than skill. My first one was about 10 years ago at Hansen, the old number 2 and it hit off a branch and made a glorious "GONG" sound as it was a green cone basket.

My 2nd was on a semi-blind hole. Instead of a slight hyzer I threw it straight at the basket, and it somehow made it through the brush, skipped and went straight into the chains.

The last one was definitely more skill than luck. 280 feet downhill on a ski slope at Elm Creek. I threw my DX Roc straight down, wanting it to fade as it got close to the basket and bounce near the pin, well it bounced higher than
i thought and jumped right in.

If you haven't seen the course in ahwile, you wouldn't even guess it was the same place. Most of greens are woodchipped, all the fairways are mowed. And if you miss any ofthe tight fairways...goodluck!! Plus tons of landscaping! Check it out

especially when we were the only ones out there, and didn't see anyone the whole round until then.

Not saying he's not at fault, but if you had made it to #13 or #14 without seeing anyone else, chances are he hadn't seen anyone else in front of him the whole time and assumed it was wide open. Cool story though, and I think you had the appropriate reaction by congratulating him but making sure he knew to be more careful.

I did this to someone at Oakwood one day... The dudes in front of me holed out on #17, 405', they then proceeded to stand 20' from the basket doing [??], I waved, they waved back, I guess assuming I can't throw that far. They weren't even paying attention when I smashed the chains (chained out) 20' behind them with a champ valk. They looked at the disc, looked at me, then walked away. That drives me crazy, get out of my way after you hole out. (Nothing directed at the OP, I realize the scenarios are completely different, just sharing my story)

Not saying he's not at fault, but if you had made it to #13 or #14 without seeing anyone else, chances are he hadn't seen anyone else in front of him the whole time and assumed it was wide open. Cool story though, and I think you had the appropriate reaction by congratulating him but making sure he knew to be more careful.

True,

it might be just me but I always take a little stroll down the fairway, so that I can see the all clear... And I understand that...**** HAPPENS!!

The OP said that he hadn't seen anyone out there that day, I would suspect the group behind him didn't either. If I feel like I am the only person on a course, I will not wait for a 'CLEAR' on blind holes. I don't think YOU would either. Congrats on the ACE for the other guy, and congrats for not being weird about them throwing on you!

Latest posts