• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ACE - What's too short?

This is dumb let me clarify it for simple people.

AN ACE IS THE FIRST THROW FROM A MARKED TEE TO A BASKET. This isn't Cubby, don't empty your bag and say I got an ace. If you empty your bag and get an ace, cool, but it's not an ace.

I also count ace pot throw offs as ace.

You count ace pot throws? are they real holes or temp holes set up for a tournament?

I think as long as the course intentional set up this short hole and you put the disc in the basket from the tee on your first throw it is an ace.

IMO An ace is an ace is an ace . . if it is from a tee on your first throw and it goes in it doesnt matter how far it is. If I hit a 50' ace on a really short junior course I would be happy it is like a really good putt, I just wouldnt talk about it as much as I would a 200' ace.

Probably opening a can of worms here... but should an Ace count if it's a putt too? I know that some people can putt from that range. I can't. But if there were a 50' hole, and someone "putted it in" from the tee, what then?

shot type has nothing to do whether it is an ace or not. People just need ot use common sense here and not brag too much about a 50' ace, obviously it is not equal to the same quality of an ace that is a 200'

Given the rules I'd say 180'. Throw in some trees and angles, and almost anything could go. Shortest hole I've seen that I'd be proud to call an ACE is baout 160' Just depends on the hole layout and the throwers character.

The difficulty of a hole isn't always measured in its length. A lot of seeming ease of these short holes are often countered by dense foliage or some sort of obstacle that requires finesse and trickery.

I agree. Hole one at the Cedar Hills course in Hitchcock ,TX is 160ft, and that hole is a pain to play. Every time I have played it , I shot a 4 on that hole.

http://paragondiscgolf.com

IF you throw an ace - on any length hole - in a sanction pdga event wearing a Paragon shirt and paid your $2.00 into the Nationwide Ace Pot - then it counts.

Sanctioned Event, a "1" on the scorecard, wearing a Paragon shirt and you paid your $2.00 - then you collect your $100.00 by completing the form.

http://paragondiscgolf.com

Dorton Park in Concord, NC has an approximately 80 foot hole (#4) from the tee (even though the tee-sign says 113'...WTF?). If I aced this one I sure wouldnt brag about it even though I would consider it an ace.

I think as long its off the tee and in the basket with one shot, its an ACE. Granted a 100' ace isn't as exciting as a 300' ace but its still an ace.