• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2011

archmage

Birdie Member
My first ever ace, and it happened in a competition too!

It was the first competition in our local winter league, with special layout. The hole was approximately 85m (280') blind basket behind a tree, and the disc was brand new MOLF, thrown with slight hyzer for most of the way, and then sharp fade into the chains. I knew the line was right, and then we heard the chains but had no idea if it had just glanced them or is it in, and when we walked to the basket we saw the good news :)

May this be the start of a great disc golf year!

Got my first ace of 2011 last night at my winter weekly! $103 in the ace pool and won league for a nice payday.

The hole was ~250 ft semi-blind anhyzer, threw a magnet and it rode a slow anny all the way in :D

Hole #4 Indigo course on Seminole reservation near Clewiston, FL. "Long tee" with an SS Magic. Dead straight just missed a tree in middle of fairway.

steve timm

Hole one at Hatten Stadium Park in New London Wi, on Jan 6th, 308 feet, pretty open

Rusch_bag witnessed the shot

Got another ace today, Hole 14 Yulga Park in Stevens Point Wi, 235 feet or so, hit the ace with a magnet

It was a good week in SW Florida. Sunday morning hit a 205' ace on hole #16 @
Bonita Springs Rec Center Course.

FLX BUZZZ traded from Drank Frelicious, thanks!
Matt, your new avitar pic gives me the creeps.

steve timm

Frank Delicious said:
It's the best avatar I've ever had on here.

Nice ace.

you are mistaken. that captain america looking one was dope.

this clown is creepy as hell.

Been playing since the 80's and finally got my first ace ever today. Hole #1, 240' at Chavez Ridge, Elysian Park in downtown LA. threw a line drive R-Pro Boss that skipped on the path in front of the basket and into the chains.
Let's hope the next one doesn't take another 30 years.

i aced on new years day. hole 20 at Olympia fields with a buzzz. i actually had 2 rounds in a row with an ace. they were about a month apart, but still no golf played in between. i thought that was really weird. i only have 3 aces. 1st one was in spring 2009, then back to back rounds in december/january

Congratulations everyone! Especially Skullboy after having wait for so long. Now that that monkey is off your back more should come faster.

Got #6 (for my 6th ace) at Stafford Lake today during the bag tag challenge, (slanty rim :lol: ) DX Roc, hyzer all the way and then skipped up dead strait into the chains. Im starting to dig the slanty rocs :oops:. Really had a bang up round going too for a while, got 5 birds and the ace........and finished even :cry: what a choke

2 this year so far
1-2-11 250ft esp meteor Hole C riverpark
1-11-11 short hole 13 riverpark

also ended the year last year with a ace 12-28-10 hole 5 john addams 330 ft

Hit my sixth ace a few nights ago on #7 at Porter Elementary DGC in Mesquite, TX. Very short (DGCR says 189' but I'm thinking closer to 130') and slightly downhill with trees lining the left, and a small group of trees short and to the right of the pin. Threw my old CT Glow Wiz on a slight hyzer along the left side, flattened and tracked to the right, then hyzered at the last moment and grabbed the right side. First ace of 2011 and first night ace :)

FINALLY! After being shutout in 2010, got my 6th ace, #6 Albert Oakland Back course! Skip shot off the snow pack on a 215'ish RHBH hyzer hole, with my trusty beat Z Predator. Only ace of the Worlds ONLY 25th Annual Ice Bowl! Nice $80 cash on that one too :)

Latest posts