• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2012

Aced #9 at Girdwood DGC in Girdwood, AK at Saturday league today, slight s-shot with my Opto Core. Ace pot and $20 from my card mates for my 2nd of the year.

Aced #16 at Grandview DGC in Des Moines, IA this morning during the weekly "butchers" game.
330 downhill through a ton of trees, threw a dead straight shot about 25 feet high that had just the perfect fade into the chains as it slowed down
175 Medium ION . this is my darth vader dyed putter :D the force was with me today...

Hit my first ace of the year, and my longest ace ever on Saturday! Hole 8 at Winnebago County Park in Oshkosh, WI @ 448 feet (flat ground) with a star destroyer. it was also my first skip ace! ill post a link to a picture of the hole from dgcr
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/798/576ef3e8.jpg

Hit my 3rd of the year and second within 4 days today. Hole #14 Am tees at Kincaid Park in Anchorage, AK, straight shot with a slight fade into the chains with my Phish stamp Wizard.

Hit my first for the year yesterday.

City Park, New Orleans, LA
Hole 11 with a new z Buzzzz

598a615e.jpg

This was the first time all three of my children have been on the course, throwing with their old dad.

Nice early Father's Day present

NOHalffastpull said:
Hit my first for the year yesterday.

City Park, New Orleans, LA
Hole 11 with a new z Buzzzz

598a615e.jpg

This was the first time all three of my children have been on the course, throwing with their old dad.

Nice early Father's Day present

That's a sweet tee sign. Do all the holes on the course have the same type? Handmade I'm assuming...I like the chains :D

Had a really tough showing in my tourney this weekend but returned to town and got my 4th ace of the year today. Hole #3 Am tees, Kincaid Park, Anchorage, AK. Downhill sidearm shot between two trees out of sight and then the sound of solid chains. Love my Firebirds!

I hope you're in the 51 club so you're making some extra dough on these aces you're hitting all the time. That is assuming you're not playing alone.

I hit a 180' non-tournament ace at a private course last month, Z Buzzz hyzer around a line of trees, great sound as it hit dead center chains, everybody else who heard it knew it dropped.

inthedrift said:
...That's a sweet tee sign...

No doubt! I wish we could keep stuff that nice around here...never happen.

Frank Delicious said:
I hope you're in the 51 club so you're making some extra dough on these aces you're hitting all the time. That is assuming you're not playing alone.

I'm definitely a 51 club member. On top of the $10 I got yesterday, I got a dollar for metal the evening before. I haven't been so lucky in tourney rounds this year, but I'm definitely on a hot streak with the aces. On Sunday I hit the CTP at my tourney for the ace pot (no one aced in the event), got the metal that evening at a different course on the drive home, and aced the next day (yesterday).

All four aces this year were witnessed Frank :D

Two so far this year. Hole #10 North Wood County Park With a Star Roc. And #9 at Heistand Park with a Z Buzzz. =]

Hit my 5th of the year on Hole 13 at Peters Creek DGC with my Phish stamp Wizard. Two friends and I were playing a few rounds prior to a pre-tourney doubles for our sanctioned event tomorrow. During the doubles round, I threw first on this hole and hit the pole. My partner proceeded to nail strong side chains and fall out. Two holes later, I had the most insanely crazy rollaway on an upshot that resulted in said Wizard going bye bye into a RAGING murky Peters Creek. Since that disc had two aces on it this year, I have now decided I will no longer retire ace discs so that I can raid my stack for some goodies. :D

Finally got my first PD ace (DGR C-PD) and a new longest ace of 327' on hole #11 at Atkinson Park in Henderson KY. The very next hole I threw the same PD and it skipped off the top of the basket. Almost had the back to back aces. It was my 7th overall and 3rd of the year.
57cd062c.jpg

I hit an ace in my local doubles tonight. My 4th...the sweetest one of all four and my first ever forehand ace! I used my champ firebird and skipped into the basket hidden behind a large tree from tee... No sign- about 250-260 feet

Just hit my third ace this year with a Ti Buzzz at Big Creek Hole #9. Second time this year I have aced that hole but the first one was a glow ace. Made some cash tonight because it happened during league.

Latest posts