• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces and basket conditon?

humchris85

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Should aces count if the basket is in bad enough conditon that the disc falls out of the bottom of the basket, due to damage to the basket, that would keep a disc from being able to stay in it? I was playing yesterday on my way home from my folks place, at the little 9 holer in Davis. On hole 3 I threw a beutiful shot straight at it, strong side of the chains, I even hit the pole a little bit, it fell down into the bottom part of the basket, then sliped through it where the basket was all busted up at the back. What do you guys think? Should this count as my 11th ace?

Only if this happened between 3:55 and 4 PM, on the Fourth of July, during a hailstorm. :p

If this is your home course you could run some rope or metal from one end of the hole to the other because it does not just affect aces, every hole out could be in jeopardy.

What would you have counted it as if if fell out on the 3rd or 4th throw? If you would have counted it then, then you count it as an ace.

I like that response. Personaly I think I should count it. I have pics of how bad the basket is, I just haven't put them on my computer yet.
If this is your home course you could run some rope or metal from one end of the hole to the other because it does not just affect aces, every hole out could be in jeopardy.

What would you have counted it as if if fell out on the 3rd or 4th throw? If you would have counted it then, then you count it as an ace.

Exactly. It sounds like a legitimate ace. At my old home course we had the green cone baskets, some of which were in bad enough condition to affect any hole out. If it fell through the bottom of the basket we counted it.

My dad and I went through a lot of metal wire one year because local non-disc golfing children who liked to smoke in the woods thought it was fun to vandalize them.

Latest posts