• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

First ace. 9/15/07 Hole 11 at the Quarry in Sheboygan with a Millenium MS Aurora 169G. This has really become my new favorite disc. Backhanded it nicely around some trees to the right and it faded right into the chains and pole. Got myself $30 from playing 51 ($5 dollars from all players if you get a hole in one, and $1 if you hit metal on your drive). I think I might have to get a new bag. Any you could suggest for 8-10 discs?

My buddy Brian Harrington, (one of the top pro's in MA) had 2 aces in one round at Borderland State Park, holes 5 (Never been aced, ~ 340 drive lefty) and hole 13 about 300 feet.

I have 3-Hole 3 and 4 at acorn park minnesota. and hole 3 at a temp course.
hole 4 - 170' putter shot
hole 3 - 218 uphill sharp anhyzer withe a putter
hole 3 temp course - about 210 -220 10' tunnel shot. I didn't hear a damn thing on this one i was walking around searching everywhere for the dang thing and one of the guys in my doubles group said "here it is, its in the basket" some crazy stuff.

First Ace and first tourney ace
9/22 Druid Hill Open (baltimore, MD)
a temp hole was made to get more peeps in
245' or so
beat wizard anny to straight drop
center of chain
aces are cool
too bad i still suck

side note my friend won advanced and got the basket i aced as a prize.
So i've already made his basket my bitch

Woot ! My first ace the other day, #9 West lake Park, Grand Junction Colorado. About 267' Laser beam shot with a star ROC. I'm a happy man !! :D

Mesaranger said:
Woot ! My first ace the other day, #9 West lake Park, Grand Junction Colorado. About 267' Laser beam shot with a star ROC. I'm a happy man !! :D
Congrats 8)

Hit my 11th today. :) first round in a week, nice way to play it. Sad hurt my thumb earlier, and may not be able to play for a few weeks. Means no practice before states.

My 3rd Ace,

At 2:35pm on 09/27/2007 I stepped up to the #4 short tee at oak park in wichita ks and threw my orange destroyer. Halfway down the fairway i said OHSH*T and just watched it sail into a perfect fade. Then there was a cloud of dust from it hitting the dirt and straight into the basket. The crazy part was that i was leaving the park going to play Valley Center and then some friends pulled up so I stayed and played with them. They are just casuals so no 50to1 from them, but I did get 3 autographs on my destroyer.

Does anybody know of any other aces with a DESTROYER?

3rd ace today! (all within 5 weeks)

Hole #2 at Walnut Creek in Charlottesville VA. Blue tees to short pin. 232' downhill though the tree gap, over a small lake inlet. Beat to hell KC pro Roc, flipped up and smoothly turned right into the basket! 4 guys playing with me. Sweet!

Played two years with No aces and finally this past New Years Eve I hit my first at Shillito Park in Lexington. Now I've hit 6 in 9 months - The Chain-Outs are finally starting to stick on occasion. All Aces are Forehand except the last one.

#1 - Shillito Hole #4 - 310ft - Star Wraith
#2 - Shillito Hole #1 - 170ft - Star Firebird
#3 - Veterans #6 - 300ft - Star Max (Skip Ace on Blind Shot to the right)
#4 - Veterans #9 - 200ft - Star TeeBird (Easiest Hole on the Course)
#5 - Shillito #1 - 170ft - QOLF (Easiest Hole on the Course)
#6 - Shillito #14 - 275ft - KC Pro Banshee ( High Thumber that dropped in).

Nov. 22nd my first backhand ace. Had four days before a year would have passed from my first ace that was forehand.

I put my first ace disc into my museum hearing how so many people lose their first ace disc. It's a Star Teerex. The hole is number 12 at Meilahti, Helsinki, Finland, EU. It's downhill around 200' with a dogleg right. The basket is covered by several rows of trees. To the left of the rows is a perfect line for forehand throws. The catch is that there's a large pine about 10' left of the edge of the rows. Because the tee is so high up the disc needs to be thrown so that it drops below the thick wide top of the pine on the left side of the gap. Because there's practically no room due to the wide top of the pine. If one throws higher than the pine top the disc blow by the green too far. The ground rises around the pine again so too low shots tend to be way short and often behind trees. This hole needs very good power adjustment, and heigth and sideways aiming. There's not too much margin of error.

Ace #2 was on the same course at hole 16. There are two birches near the tee acting as gates. It's a tunnel but not too tight. But very penalizing if you do hit trees. Again around 200' length. I threw close to the right guardian birch hugging close left of tree lines behind the guardian to the right of a large pine on the fairway with my Champion Leopard. Aiming to about one degree nose up 10' right of the basket apexing at 7-8' gently slowing down and hyzering softly around the pine on the fairway gliding over a cliff. Smoothly fading to an inch above the bottom of the basket in the middle of the pole bouncing to the side of the basket and back to the pole stopping to the right of the basket. My first throw with that disc on that hole :-D My friend said that I should throw only with new discs :)

Got my third ace today! Hole 6 of my home course. 210 hyzer around the lone tree. Hit the sweet spot at the bottom of the chains/bucket. Threw my precious 174 E Sabre soft and gentle and let the disc do the work. Here are some pics:

3rdACE.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

3rd ACE...

Same hole as my first...

#16 at Lincoln Park from the Reds in short position...

DX 170g Cro skimmed the tree line on the right side... rattled chains.

2 aces today! My home course, Montgomery Hall Park, Hole 8, a short 200' flick with a champ teebird, then 3 holes later on hole 11, a 325' downhill hyzer with the SAME DISC!!! My buddy couldn't believe it.

Even better was that some locals who bicycle through the park saw both of them while they were resting on top of a hill that overlooks that area of the course. They were laughing along with us. That disc now has 3 aces on it. On a side note, I actually hate how overstable that disc is. How weird is that?

Finally hit one today.! #7 over the pond at Cedar Hills. Disc did a little air bounce (I think that what it's called) right before it went in. A gift from the disc gods. I am not sure who was more excited, me or the two dudes sitting on the bench who where so kind to let us play through. Wow, that made my day.

Number 16!!!!!

Hole 7 Griffen Park, Norman Ok.

345 ft and about 10-15ft uphill.

172g Twisted Flyer Star Teebird

HELLS TO THE YEAH!!!

Latest posts