• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

acrosley ITB

Trespass
Felon, Dynasty, Essence
Quake, Rift, Comet
3 Alpacas, Zone

Lucid Air Trespass just keeps coming back like a bad rash. I can usually get it 15-30 feet further than my fairways which ain't much but when you struggle to hit 300 every bit counts. My Shryke goes further but your guess is as good as mine where it's gonna land so leaving it sidelined for now.

Understable Driver is the only slot I haven't really nailed down. Star Sidewinder is still a little too stable at my arm speed. Was using a Heat (shoutout to Ejgovie) and might end up going back to that. I couldn't resist a pair of Essences I saw on Ebay so trialing that for now. Haven't had much of a chance to throw them so jury is still way out in left field on it.

Not much to say bout the mids other than Comet edged out the Sol. Both are great discs and can't go wrong either way, but they both do pretty much the same thing for me and only need the one.

Not much update on the putter front either. Still liking the Alpacas, my only real gripe is that Infinite won't let Innova sell misprint F2 Alapacas from the Innova store

Scrolling through and seeing the balanced simple bag expand and expand before it contracted back down to a sweet basic workable set is fun. The current combo looks as though there would hardly ever be confusion to what and how you are approaching each shot.

Trespass
Felon, Dynasty, 2 Eagles
Quake, Rift, Comet
2 Alapacas, Zone

Trialed a couple different molds and discs but seems like I've mostly settled on my old stand-bys.

Dusted off my Wizards but still favor the Alpacas. If I could ever get my distance consistently past 300 or even out to 350. I'd like to try some Wraiths but I think I finally figured out that a new disc won't magically grant me more distance.

Trespass
Spinx, Dynasty, Felon
Sol, Rift, Zone
Alpaca

Played a new heavily wooded course nearby and got a big ol dose of humble pie. Pretty much every other course I'm used to is either open or park style so it's great to have some woods to play in but holy crap did I suck.

So anyway as much as I love the Eagle it just doesn't seem to offer anything I can't cover between the Rift and Dynasty. And my Quakes starting to not fight out of anhyzer which burnt me a couple times so she's retired. And I think the Sol has pretty much supplanted the Comet.

Thinking through the shots I normally throw on my local courses, I think I can cover pretty much all of em with these 8 discs. May put an Envy back in the bag just though

Trespass
Sphinx/Dynasty/Felon
Rift/Sol
Alpaca/Envy/Zone

Went back to the woods and shot much better this go around. Disced way down and really leaned on the Alpaca and Sol with the occasional Zone flick. The Sol is really great growing on me. After playing mostly open courses for 3 years this new wooded course has made me appreciate US molds.

I actually lost my Dynasty but found and Undertaker that the owner let me keep. Did a little field work and I think that the Undertaker should fill that slot but gonna have to play around with it yet

So, I put a cheeky bid in for a used Upper Park Rebel on Ebay and I'll be damned if I didn't actually win it. 77 dollars shipped so I can't complain. I feel kinda silly since I've been doing just fine with 9-12 discs, but I got like 60 others laying around collecting dust so might as well give some a whirl.

3 Trespasses, 1 150 Z Flick
Dynasty, Sphinx, Felon, 4 Eagles
2 Rifts, Quake, Comet, Sol
4 Alpacas, 2 Zones, 1 Glitch

Still leaning on my Lucid Air Trespass but put a couple backups for shots where I may be at risk of losing a disc. The Flick is just kinda fun and useful for really windy situations/tricky lies

Figured I might as well bag the Eagles again. I have been throwing 9 speeds more often if I can't reach something with my mids, but there are a couple holes where I could see myself reaching for them. I went a year and a half without losing a Felon and now I've lost 2 in 2 weeks, so if I lose my third I may look into another mold.

Been using the same mid-lineup since November I think. I was thinking about doing a Roc cycle just for fun, maybe over the winter or something.

Still sticking with the Alapacas. Have 2 white D-Blends for putting, thrashed Red D-Blend for US and a P-Blend as my thrower. Every now and then I'll dust off the Wizards for a head-to-head and every time I have better luck with Alpacas. Got a Jawbreaker Zone to try out. I'm hoping between it and the P-Blend I won't need the Envy. It's an awesome mold but for some reason I never find myself reaching for it on the course. I couldn't help myself and bought a Glitch to play around with. Worst case scenario I'll have a 20-dollar spacer, I guess.

2 Trespasses
2 Eagles, Felon, Sphinx
Rift, Sol
Alpaca, 2 Zones, Glitch

Decided to go back to my Rogue Iron satchel for now. Trespasses still go farther than my other discs. Used DX Eagle and Champ Eagle cover my straightest shots and Sphinx and Felon are good bookends.

Hate to pull the Comet and Quake but I just didn't find myself reaching for them often. The Rift and Sol are just too versatile.

Been liking the Jawbreaker Zone and the Glitch gets just enough use to justify its spot

It's almost April so time to fill out the ol backpack.

Drivers: 3 Trespasses
Fairways: 3 Eagles, Felon, Sphinx
Mids: 3 Rifts, 2 Sols, Quake, DX Roc
Putters: 4 Alpacas, 3 Zones, Deputy, Glitch

8 or 9 of those are just backups in case I lose one out there. Truth be told I could shoot just as well (or poorly in all honesty) with half the discs but I gotta justify buying a nice backpack so here we are.