• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Added Security for your Mach Basket, try this

Hi All,
I just received a Mach II basket with a locking collar recently and was thrilled to install it. Once in the ground though I wasn't real impressed that all it would take to steal it was a pair of needle nose pliers and a crescent wrench which being in a blue collar neighbor hood are readily available in every garage. So, I tried this:

The one lone bolt on each section of my mach basket was replaced with a Stainless Steel Torx Tamper Proof Flat Cap Machine Screw 1/4 x 20 that's 3/4 inches long along with a Stainless Steel 1/4" (or #14) Finishing Cup Washer. The torx screw being a special security screw means someone would have more then just a regular torx driver to get it out and the finishing washer would protect the screw from somebody trying to turn it with a pair of pliers.

So if your paranoia is as unhealthy as mine this may allow you to sleep a little better. The entire cost was 12 bucks for the parts online, I had heard you might be able to get the exact same things at a Home Depot or Lowes but wasn't sure if they would be stainless or not. I don't know if this will affect the warrenty of the basket or not however.
Any who, good luck, disc on!