• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Adder

Anyone else kind of dig the Nikko Adders? I've been using mine for distance in heavy headwinds. It's will hold up really well to even steady winds and still glide pretty well.

Got a couple more since it's likely they won't be run again.

Tried an Adder for the first time today. Disc is VIP plastic, 173g.

Initial thoughts just looking at and holding the Adder were that it seems a lot like a Warhorse. Fairly domey, with a high PLH. The Adder definitely has the feel of an overstable disc. Surprisingly, this wasn't really the case. I won't call the Adder flippy at all, but it didn't fly much like a Warhorse to me.

Given flight numbers for the two: Warhorse- 13, 4, 0, 4. Adder- 13, 5, 0, 4. Basically, they're supposed to be the same, but with a little added glide for the Adder. Having thrown both molds now, I can say that the Warhorse is noticeably more overstable. It won't turn at all, and dumps hard fairly early in flight. The Adder reminded me of a good Destroyer. It has a little high speed turn, and is no huge hurry to fade. I put the Adder on a big anny line a couple times, and it held pretty well. I honestly expected this disc to be a lot more overstable.

The Adder is pretty long as well. I overshot the target a couple times with it.

My flight numbers for the two: Warhorse- 12, 4, 0, 4. Adder- 12, 5, -1, 3.

Neither of these feel like 13 speed to me, and they have the same width rim (2.2 cm). The Warhorse is noticeably beefier than the Adder, and doesn't glide as well. The Adder has a later, less severe fade than the Warhorse. The Adder is MUCH longer, and acts like a standard distance driver. The Warhorse is like an XCaliber while the Adder is like a Destroyer. I suppose both of these discs could be bagged together since they do different things.

Overall I was a fan of the Adder, but not as a wind-fighting overstable disc. It worked very well for normal distance drives. The Adder snuck out near 450' a couple times, which was a lot more distance than I was expecting. It holds an anny line well, and goes far with less effort than you'd think.

Last edited:
Tried an Adder for the first time today. Disc is VIP plastic, 173g.

Initial thoughts just looking at and holding the Adder were that it seems a lot like a Warhorse. Fairly domey, with a high PLH. The Adder definitely has the feel of an overstable disc. Surprisingly, this wasn't really the case. I won't call the Adder flippy at all, but it didn't fly much like a Warhorse to me.

Given flight numbers for the two: Warhorse- 13, 4, 0, 4. Adder- 13, 5, 0, 4. Basically, they're supposed to be the same, but with a little added glide for the Adder. Having thrown both molds now, I can say that the Warhorse is noticeably more overstable. It won't turn at all, and dumps hard fairly early in flight. The Adder reminded me of a good Destroyer. It has a little high speed turn, and is no huge hurry to fade. I put the Adder on a big anny line a couple times, and it held pretty well. I honestly expected this disc to be a lot more overstable.

The Adder is pretty long as well. I overshot the target a couple times with it.

My flight numbers for the two: Warhorse- 12, 4, 0, 4. Adder- 12, 5, -1, 3.

Neither of these feel like 13 speed to me, and they have the same width rim (2.2 cm). The Warhorse is noticeably beefier than the Adder, and doesn't glide as well. The Adder has a later, less severe fade than the Warhorse. The Adder is MUCH longer, and acts like a standard distance driver. The Warhorse is like an XCaliber while the Adder is like a Destroyer. I suppose both of these discs could be bagged together since they do different things.

Overall I was a fan of the Adder, but not as a wind-fighting overstable disc. It worked very well for normal distance drives. The Adder snuck out near 450' a couple times, which was a lot more distance than I was expecting. It holds an anny line well, and goes far with less effort than you'd think.

I have two of the VIP first runs, one proto and 4 TP-X and was at first disappointed that the Adder appeared to be a less stable Warhorse. The TP-X Nikko Adders however are a different animal. They have a higher PLH with a weird baby pop top in the center and fly like a Spirit or Stiletto type disc.

I don't bag the VIP ones, but I keep a Nikko in the bag for when the Warhorse would get knocked around too much.

I have two of the VIP first runs, one proto and 4 TP-X and was at first disappointed that the Adder appeared to be a less stable Warhorse. The TP-X Nikko Adders however are a different animal. They have a higher PLH with a weird baby pop top in the center and fly like a Spirit or Stiletto type disc.

I don't bag the VIP ones, but I keep a Nikko in the bag for when the Warhorse would get knocked around too much.

The Adder I threw today was standard VIP with a little glitter in the plastic. It's a bit beat, probably 7/10. Maybe some of the stability got knocked out of it. Decent flying disc for sure, but not one I'd trust into any sort of headwind.

Latest posts