• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Advertisement Banners on trees at Pier Park during Pro Worlds

A major sponsor and supporter puts up harmless, approved banners and someone goes on a weeklong campaign against them and then tries to after the fact stir the poop online. People are the worst.

Completely agree:hfive: Threads like this and "whats holding disc golf back" make me want to build my own course and play alone FOREVER:\

Just realize that the original complainer is the same guy who believes skiers and snowboarders don't belong on the same slopes.
There is a valid argument for wanting to keep skiiers and snowboarders separtate and it has to do with how each accesses certain parts of the mountain and make use of fresh snow.

Complaining about these sponsor signs is straight-up absurd.

Anybody who has skiied Alta will tell you that the idea of 'no snowboarders' is anything but absurd. Its a blessing.

McCormick was the one course we used here for Worlds that definitely reminded me of the NC courses I played at Charlotte Worlds.

I seem to remember the courses in Charlotte being finished.

How long does it take to make tee signs? Because they weren't in place for Worlds. If your course doesn't have permanent tee signs, it might just not be Pro Worlds ready.

How long does it take to make tee signs? Because they weren't in place for Worlds. If your course doesn't have permanent tee signs, it might just not be Pro Worlds ready.

Which courses do you keep complaining about? Milo?

There is a valid argument for wanting to keep skiiers and snowboarders separtate and it has to do with how each accesses certain parts of the mountain and make use of fresh snow.

Anybody who has skiied Alta will tell you that the idea of 'no snowboarders' is anything but absurd. Its a blessing.
Efff off! Alta should be for everybody!

It takes me about 5 minutes per hole on Power Point, 5 minutes to print, and 2 minutes each to laminate. I would say 2 hours...and yes you are right the course wasn't finished. I said elsewhere that I had 3-4 putts within 15' from a basket while standing on a drag pile. Greens almost all finished 15' past the basket like the courses were "made" up to the pin then work was not finished to give a reasonable (clearing out the small brush) putt long of the baskets.

As someone who plays Pier Park 2 to 4 times per week, rain or shine, and who who marks the changes of season by the light, the leaves, and the mud out there, I can tell you this:

I was stoked when I walked up that little rise to the 6th tee to see that giant sign a couple days before Worlds. It looked awesome and got me excited for the tournament. And now I am glad it is gone, and the park is back to maximum pretty. Good on Huklab for everything they do. And those signs were rad.

As long as it can go away after the tournament is over, I don't mind a little shout out for the companies that help this game out.

attachment.php

Coyote Point DGC 2009 Temp Hole

I'd prefer it if all the ads were auditory and produced by mechanical birds who flew about the course.