• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Advice for tournaments

Remember that you are not as good as you think you are. You are also not as bad as you think you are.

The middle of the spectrum is where most of us live. If we can accept that, and embrace it, we'll all have a lot more fun.

My first "big" sanctioned tournament was a few weeks ago. I went in expecting to place pretty well. Lord, was I wrong. And the ego stung mightily after the Saturday rounds, when I was a combined 20-over. That's right: twenty.
Went into Sunday with all expectations dialed waaaay back, and shot one-down and one-up to go even for the day.

It did not save my tournament, score-wise. (When one is that far back, it's simply too much to make up.) But it taught me a lot about myself and my mindset going into these things. Now I can't wait to try again...

If you typically have beers or such when disc golfing...have one at lunch and ready for after scorecard turn ins.

Quad chair / folder chair nice to have at lunch.

Last edited:
Don't be a d1ck to the TD. Tournament day is the absolutely the wrong day to complain unless it's really egregious. Whining that there isn't enough water in the cooler at the #10 tee pad is a fairly baggy thing to do. Wait few days to make constructive criticisms. A good TD is going to learn from those criticisms and make adjustments for the next event as needed.

if you are unfamiliar with the course play for par the first round on each hole so that on the second round you will know which holes you can birdie without hesitation

Latest posts