• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Advice? Frustration? Crank & Crush

senanimach9

I don't know if there's any advice really to give other than "throw better" but I've been pretty frustrated lately with my drives.

I just bought a 164-167 Z Crank. For the life of me I can't throw it straight. It always hyzers, now matter what. I don't know if the rim is too wide from me to get a good grip but I know I can't seem to get a snap either.

On the other hand I have an ESP Crush, which I'm pretty sure if heavier and is rated 1.8 verses the Cranks 1.3 and I can throw it nice and flat with a good sharp hook at the end.

I don't know if it's a grip issue, a weight issue or if the new Z plastic is just ornery before you wear it in (I haven't purchased a new disc in a while).

Anyway...just venting...any thoughts, input or advice is welcome. I hope I didn't post this in the wrong spot. Thanks!

Try an esp crank. I have 4 of each, the esp cranks are all more understable than the z cranks.

I don't know if it's a grip issue, a weight issue or if the new Z plastic is just ornery before you wear it in (I haven't purchased a new disc in a while).

I'd reserve judgement until after 20-30 rips, 5-10 hyzer spikes, and a couple tree knocks seasons it.
Z will be beefier than ESP, and a flatter driver will be more OS than a domey one.

I'd reserve judgement until after 20-30 rips, 5-10 hyzer spikes, and a couple tree knocks seasons it.
Z will be beefier than ESP, and a flatter driver will be more OS than a domey one.

Okay thanks! Those gives me some peace of mind, I thought I'd been taking crazy pills or something.

I got a Z Crank and it's a pretty beefy mofo. Only get turn into a headwind at 400 foot rips. Try an ESP for less stability.

Latest posts