• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Affordable reliable radar gun

Whirlwind Disc Golf

Bogey Member
I want to buy a radar gun and display screen for a fundraiser. Maybe even a whole bunch of them, actually.

Can anyone recommend an affordable, reliable setup?

I've heard that the setup for Mr Lizotte's Flying Circus cost over $2000, including the tripod and netting. (I'm not worried about the tripod and netting, that shouldn't be too much trouble.)

I see many online for $200 or less. I suspect those don't capture every throw consistently or record the speed accurately. If necessary, I can see spending $400-500ish -- but not $2000+ !

Thanks in advance. :thmbup:

All i can tell you is the cheap ones dont work well, at all.

2K seems a bit extreme but the SKLZ Sport Radar works about 1 out of 10 times. Picks up car speeds well though:wall: its the cheapest sport one available when on sale. Someone posted a thread here so i figured why not buy it but have now almost thrown the thing away a couples times lol.

Lots of highly reviewed $200 price radars on amazon.

I used to work for a hockey rink where we had an all star competition every year. Cheap radar guns do not work. We would rent the same model in use by the local police departments.

Honestly the cheap ones are junk, some of the apps out there for free are about as good as they are. The $400 Jugs gun is the standard and they still miss one in 5.

Latest posts