• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alas poor MacBeth, we hardly knew ye

Seems a bit premature....

Please read this a light hearted response.

I just finished watching an 18 down round on a DGPT event where the guy just put a hurt the field. Yup washed up? Not yet... I too was worried that he might have come back to earth with the rest of us but in true Mcbeth form he has loads left in the tank.

So lets see how the predictions have gone so far:

1. 1030 vs 1050, we will have to see how close the Great Lakes Open moves his rating, he's a 1044 currently and he will get a bit closer to the 1050 after this week. Well, only to 1045-1046. But of the 78 rounds included so far only 17 have been below 1030. The rest are from 1030 to 1086 with 36 rounds at or above 1050. If you add in this weekends stuff, he should have 39 of 81 rounds at 1050 or above. No one else comes any where near that percentage of plus 1050 rounds.

2. DGPT and NT events, 3 outside the top 10, but 7 finishes inside the top 10 and 2 have been wins. If you count the Nick Hyde Memorial then he has 8 top 10's with 3 wins.

3. Now do not expect he will win everything but if you give me a choice of Mcbeth or the field to win, I'm still taking Mcbeth. Eagle seems to be in that rare air of really great players. As for the rest of the pro's well even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...

Lastly, I think he puts 5X on the disc this year.......Yup I said it. Ok my turn to have the masses tell me I'm an idiot.

Disclaimer 1) I know it's spelled McBeth, it makes the play on words more...pompous? No, that can't be it

Disclaimer 2) I'm either committing the vilest heresy or saving saving the brightest star in DG

Disclaimer 3) I wasn't paying attention to DG until last year so I didn't experience 2012-2015 for all the historical perspective

OK, here we go: McBeth is done. I predict he'll be 1030 rated before he's ever 1050 rated again; if he is ever rated that high again. No DGPT or NT first places the rest of the year and more finishes out of the top 10 than in. I can't tell you how painful it is to type this: Don't waste your Skip Ace picks.

I feel sick and sad and I hope I'm wrong and I hope every last poster tears me to pieces with acerbic wit and irrefutable arguments against. And if anyone mentions marriage or wife, may you be blessed with the peaceful relationship you deserve

Let the flaming begin!

1. 1030 vs 1050, we will have to see how close the Great Lakes Open moves his rating, he's a 1044 currently and he will get a bit closer to the 1050 after this week.

Anyone who thinks one round like this will move his rating doesn't realize how ratings work. He has too many rounds scored and is far to consistent for this one round to have any significant impact on his rating.

I just finished watching an 18 down round on a DGPT event where the guy just put a hurt the field. Yup washed up? Not yet... I too was worried that he might have come back to earth with the rest of us but in true Mcbeth form he has loads left in the tank.

1. 1030 vs 1050, we will have to see how close the Great Lakes Open moves his rating, he's a 1044 currently and he will get a bit closer to the 1050 after this week. Well, only to 1045-1046. But of the 78 rounds included so far only 17 have been below 1030. The rest are from 1030 to 1086 with 36 rounds at or above 1050. If you add in this weekends stuff, he should have 39 of 81 rounds at 1050 or above. No one else comes any where near that percentage of plus 1050 rounds.

2. DGPT and NT events, 3 outside the top 10, but 7 finishes inside the top 10 and 2 have been wins. If you count the Nick Hyde Memorial then he has 8 top 10's with 3 wins.

3. Now do not expect he will win everything but if you give me a choice of Mcbeth or the field to win, I'm still taking Mcbeth. Eagle seems to be in that rare air of really great players. As for the rest of the pro's well even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...

Lastly, I think he puts 5X on the disc this year.......Yup I said it. Ok my turn to have the masses tell me I'm an idiot.

And on the flip side, even a blind nut finds a squirrel eventually.

I just love how this thread pops back up when McBeast goes full McBeast. I laugh every time I see it.

Agree, I loved seeing the 'Paul is washed up' threads.. Like....dude....he's like my age - and has been a Monster in the game for a LONG TIME you think he's gonna blow an ACL and be in retirement? Nah

Could happen. Too early to call it, but if I was a gambling man, he's on the short list. Certainly knows how to do it.

Top card will probably contain P McB, and I'm expecting Eagle to give it a heck of a run this year. I guess Ricky has shown up to play at the last few Worlds.

I agree that he is still McBeth (as mentioned in post #2). He ain't going anywhere. I think he turns 28 today...

1. As VictorB said above, when you are rated that high and have that many rounds counted, it's very hard to move that needle, especially up. I'll say I could see it breaching 1050 again if he continues to play like this, but what we have learned this year is Paul can show a little inconsistency now (albeit Paul being inconsistent is still playing better than 90% of the competitors he is playing against...).

2. Paul good frisbee thrower... he's gunna win and finish strong. The field at this event wasn't the strongest, but still a great win. I Think he would have won even with the likes of Rick, etc.

3. I'll take the field. It's no longer the Paul/Rick show. With young guns like Eagle and Drew, it's a tough get. But.. like you I could be wrong. I'm all for a new player crowned this year, though. Change it up!

90%?

I agree that he is still McBeth (as mentioned in post #2). He ain't going anywhere. I think he turns 28 today...

1. As VictorB said above, when you are rated that high and have that many rounds counted, it's very hard to move that needle, especially up. I'll say I could see it breaching 1050 again if he continues to play like this, but what we have learned this year is Paul can show a little inconsistency now (albeit Paul being inconsistent is still playing better than 97% of the competitors he is playing against...).

2. Paul good frisbee thrower... he's gunna win and finish strong. The field at this event wasn't the strongest, but still a great win. I Think he would have won even with the likes of Rick, etc.

3. I'll take the field. It's no longer the Paul/Rick show. With young guns like Eagle and Drew, it's a tough get. But.. like you I could be wrong. I'm all for a new player crowned this year, though. Change it up!

FTFY

Originally Posted by PMcBeth
Me winning this one and Ricky getting that one – the feeling of winning this one is a lot bigger than the one he got over there because of the magnitude of the round I shot.
https://www.pdga.com/news/after-fini...ward-konopiste

"Here Ricky fan bois, here Ricky fan bois."

If you're gonna stir the pot, then you should really kick it up.

Paul McBeth -

"Yeah, I know Ricky shot a 1071 over there, did I mention, Prince shot a 1072 at DGLO? Even a dead guy is better than Ricky."

Before my lousy sense of humor gets me trolled, Ricky tore it up in Europe and I can't wait to see the video.

Latest posts