• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alas poor MacBeth, we hardly knew ye

I keep buying his damn discs that I don't even need. It's like some weird subliminal juju.

I resisted buying a Luna...but I bought a 1st Run McBeast ESP Buzzz instead...

*at least I throw Buzzzes.

Was just talking about how good Eagle is in another thread when I got sidetracked...

I don't think he needs to work on distance, I think its just going to get better as he gets a little older. His putting is already pretty good a lot of the time. His game in general just needs to be finetuned and more consistent and he has already been putting in work with his mental game. His "Sextoning" last year was the start of it. He has shown at times that something we all talk about Simon needs and once he gains better control of his body and overall game, I think we are going to see him shredding the long woody courses as much as the open golf style ones...

...anybody want to bet he's the first to break 1060? I give him 3 years at the most.

Though I guess if Paul keeps going like he is, he might get there soon, lol.

Just did some quick research...

Paul is about to drop 7 rounds averaging 1038.4 and add 6 at 1079.8 which will be double weighted. I wonder how much it will go up next update?
I wonder if(maybe more like when?) he will break his record rating?...

If anyone gets bored and wants to figure out what he would need to shoot in the next few events(or how many he would need to stay hot for if its more than a few) to break 1060....

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Paul only got 13th and had all rounds under his rating last year att Jonesboro. . .Fun to se if he can play well there this year.
I think all those "bad" rounds counts to his rating, so a few high rated rounds at Joneboro would be good

Paul only got 13th and had all rounds under his rating last year att Jonesboro. . .Fun to se if he can play well there this year.
I think all those "bad" rounds counts to his rating, so a few high rated rounds at Joneboro would be good

Be interesting to see how he does this weekend. He's playing an Atier in Florida, and judging from these pics, he's should tear this place apart if he's hitting his lines...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8877&mode=ci

With the tweak toward a more frequent rating update McBeth and others could shoot up higher (even if only for a short period of time) perhaps a little easier, since it wouldn't have to be such a sustained stretch of success.

I wonder if he will team up with another shoe this year. Seems like the iron is hot to jump on board with UA or the like.

Also I would like to see Ogio or other golf brands getting further into the mix. Not that sponsorship is everything but Mr. McBeth is an obvious choice to spearhead that direction for disc golf.

Let's hope for more podium finishes with Ricky and McBeth - I want to see that rivalry back and relevant. Like, give me an event where they jockey back and forth only to be overtaken by one of the young guns and upset for 1st by Heimborg or the like.

OK, here we go: McBeth is done. I predict he'll be 1030 rated before he's ever 1050 rated again; if he is ever rated that high again. No DGPT or NT first places the rest of the year and more finishes out of the top 10 than in.

1030 before 1050 is a bit of a hot take...

A "hot take" because it was controversial, and ended up being dead wrong.

2exrpdc.jpg

Disclaimer 1) I know it's spelled McBeth, it makes the play on words more...pompous? No, that can't be it

Disclaimer 2) I'm either committing the vilest heresy or saving saving the brightest star in DG

Disclaimer 3) I wasn't paying attention to DG until last year so I didn't experience 2012-2015 for all the historical perspective

OK, here we go: McBeth is done. I predict he'll be 1030 rated before he's ever 1050 rated again; if he is ever rated that high again. No DGPT or NT first places the rest of the year and more finishes out of the top 10 than in. I can't tell you how painful it is to type this: Don't waste your Skip Ace picks.

I feel sick and sad and I hope I'm wrong and I hope every last poster tears me to pieces with acerbic wit and irrefutable arguments against. And if anyone mentions marriage or wife, may you be blessed with the peaceful relationship you deserve

Let the flaming begin!

Pathetic prediction fail.

I thought McBeth would fall off with Discraft. I am willing to admit I was totally wrong.

Now I will spread conspiracy theories saying he was throwing wiped Discraft discs all along :)

How much for a roc stamped buzzz?

Serious question: will this be McBeth's last world title? I'm thinking in terms that he's not getting any younger...

Serious question: will this be McBeth's last world title? I'm thinking in terms that he's not getting any younger...

The guy is too consistent. He also takes care of his body better than anyone else on tour and has more resources to do so. He has another 6 or 7 years before he should start losing distance due to age and even then, will it really matter if he is throwing 25' less? I don't expect him to get more than Climo, but I expect him to win again.