3.455(based on 61 reviews)

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member

Join the discussion about Alex Clark Memorial DGC

Disc fishing
Pros:

- Good infrastructure (concrete tees for the short pads, nice DGA baskets)
- Moderately wooded for most holes, enough to make you think on the tee
- Small elevation changes for a few holes which is rare in the area from my experience
- Good for most skill levels (pros probably bored, newbies just need to stay away from the creek)
- Easy flow and navigation, no phone apps required to find your way around for the most part
Cons:
The creek that runs through the front nine is super nasty! It's steep, muddy, and slippery. Unless you're a mountain goat or young and in shape it's not much fun to try and go down in it to retrieve your disc. My buddy went down to his skivvies searching for his disc, didn't find his but found about 10 others! Almost everyone at this course has a pole with a little round suction cup thing attached at the end of it with them and it is needed!

I found the short tees much too easy for the open players in our group. If you throw 300 with any accuracy you are going to torch this course. I also prefer much tighter lines for my taste.
Other:
There were several baskets not being used that were in other sections of the park. Perhaps extra league holes? Expansion? Not sure but worth noting. Looks like the long pads were being marked for an upgrade of some sort too, maybe concrete to make them more official, who knows. This was my first course in the Dallas area which is a great place for disc golf overall.
Yes, the added baskets are for the "Gold" layout. I am not sure if they got the tee signs for them yet.

The OG 10 hole course was a John Houck design installed in 1992. In fact, I purchased the basket for old hole #2 when they upgraded the baskets because it was my very first ace. So I now have the basket I hit my first ace on. 1st ace.jpg