• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] All Legacy Bag

How has the outlaw held up?

Great. It has allowed those of us with Destroyers to take them out of the bags. Between the different weights you can cover a variety of shots. Great disc IMO. Between that and my Rival, it ranks right up there with one of my most thrown discs in my bag.

Necro bump here. With the addition of the Enemy to their lineup, I am considering rocking an all-Legacy bag for fun. Here is what I would roll with:

Protege Clutch x3 (2 for putts, 1 for throws)
Legend Clutch (Putter drives)
Icon Gauge (straight/US mid)
Gravity Ghost (Straight workhorse mid)
Icon Ghost (OS Mid)
Icon Patriot (Straight/US fairway)
Pinnacle Patriot (Straight)
Sparkle Rival (Stable/OS Fairway)
Legend Mongoose (US shots, rollers)
Icon Enemy (OS stuff)
2nd Run Pinnacle Outlaw (Workhorse, workable distance)
1st Run Puddle Top Outlaw (OS distance)

Anyone rocking all-Legacy? If so, what is your lineup?

I don't quite yet, but it wouldn't be a hard transition.
2x Prowler
3x Ghost (Grav, Protege, new Protoge)
1x Pinnacle Patriot
2x Pinnacle Rival
2x Enemy (Icon and Pinnacle)
1x Bandit
3x Outlaw (2 Icon, 1 Pinnacle)

The only things that would be sad about losing are my Wraiths and Serpents.

I don't quite yet, but it wouldn't be a hard transition.
2x Prowler
3x Ghost (Grav, Protege, new Protoge)
1x Pinnacle Patriot
2x Pinnacle Rival
2x Enemy (Icon and Pinnacle)
1x Bandit
3x Outlaw (2 Icon, 1 Pinnacle)

The only things that would be sad about losing are my Wraiths and Serpents.

Yeah, other than my beloved Rhynos, a semi-overstable mid (I throw a Wasp, but admittedly, not very often), and maybe a Thunderbird like disc, I think I could probably rock an all Legacy bag.

5x Prowler (1 Icon for throwing; 2 Protege for putting, 2 for throwing)
1x Gauge (Pinnacle until I have a Ghost to take its place)
4x Ghost (2 Pinnacle, 1 Protege, 1 Excel)
2x Patriot (1 Pinnacle, 1 Excel)
3x Rival (1 Legend, 2 Pinnacle, may push fresh Patriot out as these season up)
2x Enemy (1 Sparkle until they release Pinnacle, 1 Icon)
4x Outlaw (2 Pinnacle, 2 Icon with at least one needing to be abused to get it to replace my Champs Tern)

I think it would be fun to try this but I'd lose the 2 most valuable discs in my bag - the harp and the judge. Until Legacy makes a harp type disc...it would be a no go for me.

If I did do this, swapping out discs of mine with their current lineup-
4 clozers
(already carry 2 ghosts)
2 patriots
2 rivals
2 enemy
1 outlaw
2 nemesis - closest to a tern?

Still waiting on my Enemy, hopefully next week, though can't say I've had need for extreme windfighters of late. Been rocking all-Legacy for over a year now. Not fully set lineup, numbers vary on mood, conditions and courses to be played.

Sparkle Prowler (inside the circle)
Legend Hunter (outside)

Icon Gauge
1-3 Ghosts (Gravity, Pinnacle, Icon)

1-2 Icon Patriots (Pinnacle for LED season)
1-2 Rivals (Icon and Legend, Pinnacle for LED season)
Legend Phenom
Icon Mongoose
1-2 Nemesis (Sparkle, Icon)

4 Outlaws (FR Icon, SR Icon, Legend, FR Pinnacle), of which the SR Icon in Orange is my absolute go-to distance disc. It's one of those domey/pop top/heartbeat ones, beaten quite a bit, on FH can do hyzerflip turnovers for max distance.
1-3 Rampage (Icon and Pinnacle, latter is weird, flies more like a Cannon), for getting around corners and shots that need to finish right (RHFH) without question, that FR Pinnacle Outlaw is still more OS than any of these, but being Green while Rampages are bright Yellow and Red, Ramps are easier to throw and find without added hassle.
1-3 Cannon (Icon and Pinnacle, can trust these bit more in/into wind then the SR Outlaw, without losing too much distance, freak Blue Icon that's more OS than couple of my Rampages see the least bag time)

Pretty clear division between discs I throw BH (Nemesis and stuff above it on the list) and FH (only really Ghost and Rival from the top).

Agree with the guy above me, prior to going all-Legacy, Harp was pretty money for BH and FH upshots, Ghosts just don't come anywhere close to being as OS/stable, if/when Legacy fills that gap, look out.

Last edited:
I agree that the two HUGE holes in the Legacy lineup are Harp and Thunderbird. Once they fill those gaps, all Legacy sounds wonderful.

My bag is currently 95% Legacy.

2 Protege Clutches
2 Icon Clutches
2 Icon Ghosts
1 Protege Ghost
1 Pinnacle Rival
1 Icon Rival
2 Icon Patriots
1 Icon Mongoose
1 Legend Mongoose
2 Star SLs
1 Sparkle Enemy
1 Icon Enemy
2 Icon Rampages

All I've thrown is the Patriot which I love.

I agree that the two HUGE holes in the Legacy lineup are Harp and Thunderbird. Once they fill those gaps, all Legacy sounds wonderful.

I think a Tern replacement is also a big hole. Sure you can cycle an Outlaw, but I prefer Champ/Pinnacle that starts out in a near perfect place and stays there for a long time, so get on it Rico Brothers. Although, maybe them making a "Tern" in Pinnacle would force me to get rid of all those backups I have. On second thought, I don't need to invest in too many more discs, so no Pinnacle "Tern" (at least for a while).

Im almost to an all legacy bag. I actually need to update my signature. There are still a few gaps I think Legacy needs to fill.

Protege Clutch (173 - all putts, 2 extras in car for warming up)
Icon Clozer (175 - Short drives and upshots)
1st run Icon Ghost (178 - workhorse mid)
1st run Protege Ghost (175 - accurate mid)
1st run Icon Guage (178 - straight to understable mid)
1st run Icon Patriot (174 - straight shorter fairway for windy days)
Icon Patriot (167 - straight to understable shorter accurate fairway)
1st run Pinnacle Rival (171 - Stable fairway)
1st run Pinnacle Rival (173 - Stable fairway for windy days)
1st run Icon Phenom (171 - straight fairway, put on any angle it will hold the line)
Legend Phenom (174 - Straight flyer for windy days)
1st run Icon Bandit (167 - understable fairway)
1st run Icon Mongoose (167 - Rollers and seriously understable fairway shots)
1st run Icon Enemy (174 - OS fairway)
Sparkle Enemy (174 - Seriously OS fairway)
1st run Icon Nemisis (169 - Long undertable shots)

I would like to see something that can replace my Wraith and/or something that is similar to a Rhyno.

Go Legacy

I think a Tern replacement is also a big hole. Sure you can cycle an Outlaw, but I prefer Champ/Pinnacle that starts out in a near perfect place and stays there for a long time, so get on it Rico Brothers. Although, maybe them making a "Tern" in Pinnacle would force me to get rid of all those backups I have. On second thought, I don't need to invest in too many more discs, so no Pinnacle "Tern" (at least for a while).

Yeah, the tern/ddx is still the best distance driver for my game. I really hope they copy it (not like they haven't directly copied other discs) but I've got a decent stash of HL Star Terns so it would take some coercion for me to want to get rid of those ;)

Currently trying an all legacy bag, first time ive ever done an exclusive brand bag

5x Clutch (3 protege 2 Icon)
3x Ghost (2 Excel 1 gm legend)
2x Patriot (Icon)
2x Rival (Icon)
1x Mongoose (Icon)
* 1x Big Z Predator but will be an Enemy

Anyone else prefer Icon to Pinnacle? Seems like i just gravitate (lol) to it. Also most of the courses in my area are either shorter courses or have long holes that are par 4 and 5 so dont have a huge need for big distance. My current max d is around 350ft anyway

Ive been ALMOST all Legacy for couple years now.. only non Legacy i throw are my Zone and Firebird. I havent had the extra funds to snag an Enemy to test out but i love it and have had TONS of fun throwing the molds and supporting such a great company and even more so great people!

Outlaw
Nemesis
Firechicken
Various Bandits
Various Rivals
Patriot
Ghosts
Zone
Clozers

Seeing as how there have been no posts in here in 5 years and the all things Legacy thread is dead as well, am I the only lunatic on here bagging all Legacy?

I bag a Patriot but can't help you much past that. Reading this thread makes me want to check out the Ghost and Rival.

Seems like most of their molds are just slightly different versions of popular Innova molds and I don't think my games developed enough to appreciate a noticeable difference.

Seeing as how there have been no posts in here in 5 years and the all things Legacy thread is dead as well, am I the only lunatic on here bagging all Legacy?

Imo the biggest draw for Legacy was the Ghost, with premium Rocs being historically hard to come by. Now that premium Rocs are plentiful in many plastics and variants, the Ghost doesn't look as attractive. It is a great Roc clone, but no longer the only production premium Roc.

I'm still throwing Outlaw/Nemesis/Ghost in my main bag. Rival/Patriot go in and out of the bag, or come along in the travel bag from time to time. But I wouldn't ever carry a full bag from one manufacturer. There's too much good plastic out there.

Legacy still has a few gaps in their lineup. They're missing a good overstable approach disc and also a truly stable throwing putter. The Vengeance was also supposed to be the Thunderbird-type disc, but the runs have been really inconsistent so far.

Personally I have come to really lean on my Stalker for the woods. Legacy doesn't have anything in that slow fairway slot either. Patriot is definitely a tick faster.

Latest posts