• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

All my eggs ($$) in one basket?

ryandr

Still being new to the sport, I have not found all the best sites and sources for DG equipment. I am searching for information and good prices for a pole hole. I was hoping to not spend all my money on one basket because my dad and brother-in-laws all are wanting baskets. I was hoping to find a good deal to purchase at least 2 but maybe 4 baskets. I was hoping to get a basket that was rugged enough to be left outside. I have been looking at the M14 since it was only around $130. Is there any other options for good quality but still less expensive? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Check out the InStep baskets generally available on ebay for $80-90 each. There's a thread on the PDGA board with instructions on how to rather easily add a second set of (inner) chains to improve the basket for another $20-25.

http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=374271&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1

That thread was excellent when it had the original poster's pictures, but it appears as though his image hosting site account has been suspended and, as of today, the pictures are missing.

You can also try ebay. I got a Discatcher Sport off there a couple of years ago for like $80 or $90.

I have an InStep basket and I love it. It is also sturdy enough to leave outside. The only thing I did was add second set of chains to mine to make it catch a little better. I got mine on Ebay for $60.

In-Step

I have an InStep basket and I love it. It is also sturdy enough to leave outside. The only thing I did was add second set of chains to mine to make it catch a little better. I got mine on Ebay for $60.

i got the same basket, add 20 bucks for delivery, assembles in like 2 minutes, and that's with a beer in hand

I got the Quest Disc Trapper and I think it's great. I think I paid $75.00 for it.

http://www.questat.com/DiscBasket.html

I looked at the Disc Trapper photos. How well do you think the PVC will hold up to light and weather. This may get brittle quickly or with hard use I would be afraid the top sections of PVC holding the chains would snap. What is your experience so far with your's?

I have had mine since March and it's as good as new. I just wish it had a wheel. We took it to an old obstacle course we used to play and it was cool to play the course with a basket. But I got tired of carrying it.

Clearwater has slightly better prices than DGC, but Clearwater's free shipping starts at $30 (compared to DGC's $12). Both companies have provided great service to me in the past.

EDIT: Just remembered after I posted that most online stores drop-ship baskets and they are not eligible for any free shipping offers.

What is the difference between Innova DISCatcher® Mini and Sport besides the price?

Latest posts