• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Alpha or ZAM Trace

JOwens

Par Member
Going to a circuit event Saturday, and the TD has some Ace of Trace and all three flavors of Mint(y) goodness. I am starting a new job so don't have my usual funds. So for 300' of noodle arm power which would you choose.

For reference I throw a Champ Tern (straight) and a N Vanish (US) as my DD's and MF or G* Teebird for pretty much all of my shots off the tee unless it is a sub 250' hole Then it is a Relay throw or a Proxy.

Going to a circuit event Saturday, and the TD has some Ace of Trace and all three flavors of Mint(y) goodness. I am starting a new job so don't have my usual funds. So for 300' of noodle arm power which would you choose.

For reference I throw a Champ Tern (straight) and a N Vanish (US) as my DD's and MF or G* Teebird for pretty much all of my shots off the tee unless it is a sub 250' hole Then it is a Relay throw or a Proxy.

I throw an alpha. I'm not a big thrower, I've hit 350 and handful but not often. I love it, it compliments my mf teebird well. It has less late fade, but still very reliable. I like the sublime the best, but all of them are great. Haven't thrown a Trace so can't speak to that at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I throw an alpha. I'm not a big thrower, I've hit 350 and handful but not often. I love it, it compliments my mf teebird well. It has less late fade, but still very reliable. I like the sublime the best, but all of them are great. Haven't thrown a Trace so can't speak to that at all.

So a straighter 'bird? IMO that sounds dead sexy.

I really like both of them, but the Alpha took that slot for me. Now it's kind of a toss up between the S-CD3 and the Alpha, but I think I'm going to stick with the Sublime Alpha.

They are different discs. Alpha is more Fairway straight to fade and Trace is more S shape distance ,I say carry both!

if i only bagged 1 stable fairway it would be the alpha. it's a really good disc. that said, i currently don't bag the alpha because i am the opposite of a mold minimalist and i bag both a teebird and a thunderbird. i find the alpha to be right inbetween those two molds in flight characteristics.

I bag all three of those and I'm happy with my fairway setup

Latest posts