• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alright, who amongst you f'ed up the disc golf Wikipedia article?

scarpfish

Resident Grouch
Gold level trusted reviewer
I take issue with section 8 on "disc diving", which is appropriately numbered, because anyone who would write tripe like this needs a section 8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf

Some committed disc golfers get a thrill out of sticking their toes deep in mud, wading through snake infested creeks, and other precarious situations just to retrieve lost plastic from mediocre to professional players. No official records exist indicating who these mysterious people are, but without a doubt they are some of the bravest men and women involved in the art of disc diving. It is estimated by many scholars, and avid players that the world record amount of discs retrieved in one day is near 250, and the most ever recovered by one man/woman is in excess of 2,000, and still climbing. These dedicated disc divers play an important role in conservation of our lakes and creeks that surround some favorite courses around the nation. If you ever bump in to one of these brave souls, be sure to spend some time getting to know them, because science has proven that without these efforts, they would wind up actually buying discs to play with, and would be unable to afford their important trips to various courses to continue these conservation efforts.
:sick:

Bunch of self-aggrandizing hokum if you ask me, but even if you agree with the sentiments of that passage, its not exactly Wikipedia material.

Granted, its somewhat funny, but people probably shouldn't "medicate" before writing Wiki entries.

LoL that's hilarious. Kudos to anyone that gets under Scarp's skin in such a frivolous manner.

I don't usually turn to Wikipedia for my daily comedy, but that's pretty good.

After your rant about Wendy's changing the bun of your favorite sandwich (and it's thrilling follow up about Facebook), what are we supposed to think?
You're supposed to think that I figured those rants were better than boring people with the contents of my bag or all the impressive sub 200' aces I've hit which seems to be de rigueur around here.

Unfortunately, that's not what I think. I doubt that's what anybody thinks.
People around here generally don't think at all, so that's not saying much.

But hey man, good to know you're letting me live rent free between your ears.

lol.....glad to see someone actually reads the wiki page. Wouldn't have thought you would make it to section 8.

Does Wikipedia have a Wiki page? Just wondering, and to lazy to go check for myself:)