• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I Missing Something?

cooliomcfly

hello, I am a relatively new disc golfer (4 months) and have been going constantly so my game is now average on most 18 holed courses I play. My drives are anywhere between 350 and 400 (on a good day), my mids are acurate to about 150 and close-ish to about 200, and my putting is great in the circle, decent up to 15 feet and than it drops off drastically from there. But really I am just looking to expand my bag, and need suggestions for what to get.

My current bag consists of: (all Innova Discs)
Drivers:
150g Blizzard Teedevil (in the mail, intended as a new go-to)
170g Champ Boss (current go-to, will prob use when an overstable disc is needed, and in windy situations)
170g Champ Sidewinder (use more as a fairway driver than a distance driver unless boss is too overstable)

Mid Ranges
180g Star Mako (use for shots that require tight turns, heavy winds and sometimes in putting while facing a headwind)
170g Dx Stingray (current go-to midrange)

Putters
168g Star Dart

I can throw both backhand and sidearm comfortably (except for driving my sidewinder of the tee sidearm..the extreme torque makes it too flippy). I feel the one thing I could use for sure is a more overstable midrange, as there have been a couple of times where I said "I wish I had a Roc or something." I have also felt I could use an overstable putter (rhyno?) for getting around things as my dart does not hook tight enough. Any and all feedback is appreciated, thank you!!!

Just put a Rhyno in my bag as a compliment to my Wizards and it makes for a lovely OS driving putter. An overstable midrange isn't as necessary as some make it out to be. Unless you play in strong winds, you can usually do perfectly well with a stable midrange like the Buzzz, Roc, etc.
You can't go wrong with a Teebird, TL, Eagle, Leopard... All are excellent.

You could use an overstable putter/mid hybrid to fill the overstable putter and mid hole. Like a Zone.

I throw the Drone as an overstable mid and it hasn't done me wrong. None of the people on either of your threads on the subject has mentioned that one, so I just did. Wizard or Ion as a semi-overstable putter. Work with your Sidewinder sidearm and you should be able to develop a killer roller shot. I have the same problem with mine and it lost its place in my bag for that very reason... But it's a great roller disc and a roller is a great shot to master. And get a Teebird. Start with DX cuz it's cheap and flies beautifully, then move up to something else (I have a DX and a Star). A Leopard or River for a similar flight to your Sidewinder in a fairway disc would also be a good thing.

Latest posts