• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Amp vs Mamba

intotheblue

Hello again people of the disc community,

I was thinking of purchasing a new driver that is understable to help with my noodle arm. I've come to these two discs and will buy one of these. Could you help me figure out which one I should go with?

I can throw my leopard 290 - 300 with no problem now.

Thank you!​

Amp will overlap with leopard pretty much.. But mamba is a fast driver while the amp is a fairway. Mamba is more understable.. I would go with the Amp.

I would recommend a Star Mamba since you already have an Amp. I had a Mamba and loved that thing, but then I threw it in a Lake

Um as someone who throws amps a lot, they're better for sweeping annys or hyzer flips. They just simply aren't in that severely understandable category the the mamba is. Underworld or Mamba sounds like what you want.

Last edited:
well you cant compare the amp to a mamba, its a different class all together.. i dont throw many big rim discs, i enjoy my Amp a lot.

Mamba for 290-300 power? I don't throw stuff that 'fast' b/c I've only got 350 power....
I don't know about that advice.....but I am a MA2 level player so what do I know?

I'd chose the slower disc any day of the week....

Last edited:
^ how much power do you think you need to throw a mamba? I have friends that throw 300-310 that turn a mamba just fine.

Amp all the way. MVP for life.

Amps are my go-to driver but sometimes ya gotta let people discover other companies. Plus amps are kind of a retarded comparison with the mamba, but ya live, ya learn.

Mambas are just fine for the 300' crowd. I liked mine just fine back when I threw only 300', then I threw it in an irrigation ditch and havent replaced it yet.

It was the first disc I broke 330' with, I would suggest it over an Amp, which is really going to fight over space in your bag with the leopard. Once you are throwing a Mamba 330' then I would move to a more stable fairway so you can throw further than a leopard but straight.

I would suggest a Mamba since the Amp would overlap with the Leopard... I would also suggest left-justified type. Centered text is not easy on the eyes.

Diamond

Looking for a beginner/intermediate friendly understable driver? Diamond all the way. River would be second choice. But the diamond is just sweet, effortless distance and turn.

Looking for a beginner/intermediate friendly understable driver? Diamond all the way. River would be second choice. But the diamond is just sweet, effortless distance and turn.

He asked Mamba or Amp.. Amp is better for him at this moment but it would overlap with the Leopard.. I think he should focus on not buying an Understable disc.. Buy a second Leopard.